Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • tubeless issues with CO2 advice needed please
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

I'm running tubeless for the first time and i have followed the instructions i think to a tee but the CO2 does not seem to go into tire at all?? The CO2 does come out of the cannister but it does not seem to make it into the eagerly awaiting tire 😡

I have presta valves and have tried the Topeak 'one timer' and a Specialized CPRO2. I am keeping the CO2 indoors but it's not overly warm in case that makes a difference?? 😕

Any help offered would be appreciated as i've now used 9 Co2 cannisters and my more experienced bike friend can't work it out either 😯

uplink
    Free Member

Try pushing down on the tyre to force a seal where the valve is

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Have tried that uplink, even put some fairy liquid mixed with water round rim to help it form a bond (or something like that, just did as i was told)

br
    Free Member

I find that you need to wear gloves, and really push the device onto the valve.

Is the tyre seated on the bead (soapy water helps here).

Once seated, squirt some latex in either through the removeable valve core or by just slipping a couple of inches of bead off the rim.

TBH buy a compressor for workshop duties, and on the trail its rare that a tyre won't reseat if it burps, nor does it go full flat – just needing more air and a jiggle to get the latex working.

snaps
    Free Member

Its not freezing the valve shut is it?

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Thanks guys, Snaps it might be actually as sometimes when i've pulled the tool off it's frozen. What can i do to stop that?

glenncampbell

Try taking the valve core out to inflate the tyre – not resting it on the floor, perhaps hanging on a work stand – then when you take the CO2 canister out it'll deflate but the seal and beading will be intact. Chuck in your sealant then reinflate and bob's the word!

Or, like me yesterday, after a xxxxxxg major tourettes hissy fit, I took my new wheels and tubeless setup to my local bike shops with lots of cake to get it sorted. Simples. 🙂

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Thanks GlennCampbell, sounds like you may have seen me the other night 😀 Will try blowing it up that way if i get nowhere soon thanks

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Try taking the valve core out to inflate the tyre – not resting it on the floor, perhaps hanging on a work stand – then when you take the CO2 canister out it'll deflate but the seal and beading will be intact. Chuck in your sealant then reinflate and bob's the word!

😉

That's the way to do it.

njee20
    Free Member

All of that is irrelevant if the tyre's too loose on the rim, which would be my diagnosis. The CO2 will just come straight out under the bead.

Another turn of tape should help.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Great thanks for the tips will try it all again, anymore keep em comin 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

As I stay, start by checking how tight the tyre is. It should be bloody tight basically! If it's falling on and off the rim then you need more tape under it to 'bulk' the rim out.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I can do it with a track pump no sweat so the C02 shouldnt be hard.
    Its not the fairy that makes it seat its the bubbles that you want, get loads of suds and make it look like santas beard…. will seat with no problems then!

totoro
    Free Member

I find non-tubeless-ready tyres quite hard to inflate. Tightening a roof-rack strap round the outside of the tyre seems to help though: forces the bead out against the rim.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘tubeless issues with CO2 advice needed please’ is closed to new replies.