Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • tubeless in the peaks
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Time for new tyres. I like tubeless and ride the peaks (dark peak mostly). So, what set ups work for people in those or similar conditions and what doesn’t?

More interested in grip and durability than fast rolling and lightweight.

Cheers.

oldnick

Spesh Eskar 2.3 dual compound tubeless ready.

Not fast, not light, but can be thrown down potato alley etc without worry of tears or dinged rims. Grippy and sealed easy too 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

+1

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. Which one is potato alley?

cnud
    Free Member

Single ply minion front / lust ardent rear, lust ignitor front / lust ardent rear and Spesh Purgatory f&r have all worked well for me

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I don’t get on with non-UST single ply tyres run tubeless at all. Too easy to burp and/or pinch flat. Run them soft enough to grip and the thin casing squirms everywhere. Not tried any of the EXO stuff, mind.

The Soda has a 2.3 LUST HighRoller on the front and a 2.1 LUST Crossmark on the back.

The Uzzi – same front tyre, but a non-ust twin ply 2.3 Highroller on the back. That’s properly bombproof.

powerofra

I’ve found that LUST and continental UST tyres work really well in high roller and rubber queen flavour but that schwalbe hans dampf are the best of all. Tough and a good balance of size, grip in dry and mud, and not too draggy. Not a crazy price if ordered from one of the German on line retailers.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone had an issue with the damph coming off flow rims when running tubeless? Also, just how wide are they? Might be a squeeze in my frame.

Pieface

Standard folding Maxxis Advantages on Stans rims have been fine for most conditions.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers folks.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’ve used nevegals on flows, they worked ace, fast sealing and only burped once when coming to a stop with front wheel on edge of a rock. Now using ust rubber queens which are bombproof but heavy. My favourite combo is dt 5.1s and tl ready Hans dampfs, bitch to get on though.

simonm
    Free Member

Stans rims..Only
    Maxxis – all non UST or LUST or UST work
    Rubber Queens – even non UST with plenty of gunk.

job done.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Well, I’ve already got the flow rims and I’ve converted a few tyres but tend to stick to ust as the peaks seem to be quite brutal. Just wondering how people are getting on with schwalbe snakeskin or maxxis EVO in such rocky conditions.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘tubeless in the peaks’ is closed to new replies.