Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Tubeless, am I doing it wrong?
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

After reading plenty of stories of tubeless woes, I was a bit sceptical about making the transition. But after another puncture, I finally decided to make the jump.

I used my existing 29er Arch EX rims with: OKO milk, Gorilla tape, Superstar valves and Spesh Purgatory tyres.

And…………….. They went on and up no problems (well apart from a minor valve reseat). I did the rotate and shake method after inflation to get the sealant around.

After a quick local blast,I have to say they “feel” better. There definitely seems to be more bite than with the tubes in the corners. I guess I need to start playing with the pressures to find the sweet spot.

After many years of saying “no, no, no, no” I am a tubeless convert!! And good old STW provided all the answers that I needed.

Now to sort out my Kinesis Crosslight V3s.

gelert
    Free Member

Nice one, well done. Welcome to the tubeless club.

Now you’ve done the hard part changing tyres will be easy too. I swapped tyres over from one set of wheels to another set in minutes the other night. Just as well I did as the sealant had all dried up inside.

It’s one of those one way things. Once you ride without tubes and have months with no flats you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. Don’t go too low with the PSI. Even at the same PSI as you ran with Tubes you’ll get more grip and maintain reliability. Check the PSI before each ride. 28/30 is a good starting point for general trail riding.

Enjoy 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless, am I doing it wrong?’ is closed to new replies.