Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • tubeless ?
  • pip001
    Free Member

Just a quick question.if youve tubeless wheels and tubeless tyres do u just need the sealant and valves.which type valves best for tubeless? Ta

mikewsmith
    Free Member

tape for the rims unless you have sealed UST style ones.

pip001
    Free Member

Dt swiss m1900 wheels

malv173
    Free Member

I’ve got DT Swiss E1900 wheels. They came ready taped, just needed some tubeless presta valves. You probably need tape too. Stan’s website has a tape-finder section where you put your rims in and it tells you the appropriate tape. In theory you can run the tyres with no sealant in, but the sealant is obviously used to seal little holes as and when they happen.

You can make your own valves by cutting them out of old tubes, but the ones I bought have a little o-ring on the outside of the rim to help keep a nice seal. Personally I’ve always been a schrader valve fan, but I’d need to drill the rim which I’m not prepared to do.

pip001
    Free Member

Thanks for that.will take a look.

scc999

Other (cheaper) tape options than Stans tape too. Gorilla Tape, Tesa tape (not tried it but seen lots of people say it’s the dogs danglies).

A quick Google for Stans tape alternative should give lots of options.

Si

daern
    Free Member

If you have a pair of wheels to do, I can recommend the Hope OEM kit:
    https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/37625/Hope_No_Tubes_Tubeless_Kit
    Valves, tape and fluid for a couple of wheels for £18. Stans valves are excellent, as is their fluid. As others have stated, the tape can probably be obtained cheaper elsewhere, but if want a starter kit for your first wheel, you can’t go wrong here.

Getting the tape on takes a bit of practice, but the trick is to get it as tight as you possibly can – I normally put the wheel, vertically on the ground (on a blanket or something) so I can pull the tape as hard as I can. Done correctly, the tape should have zero creases and be as tight as a drumskin. Good video on the Stans website.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘tubeless ?’ is closed to new replies.