Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tube advice – London Liverpool Street to Kings Cross
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

How long does it take?

Just trying to plan a journey and want to double check the “estimated” time on the national rail website of 46 mins.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Tube will be about 15 mins* – allow a bit more for getting to / from the platforms

*assume the tube is running OK

ciron
    Free Member
    TheBrick
    Free Member

give your self 30 min so that you can take time finding your way between platforms, have a pee, relax if it’s am unfamiliar journy e.t.c.

KonaTC

National Rail enquiries Kings Cross to Paddington allows 45 mins and it takes 20 mins on average, although I do the return journey every week so know where to stand, etc.

Given that you don’t know the way and allowing a bit of time for a faff/coffee go with the estimate, if you are delayed you can catch a later train with a clear conscience.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Boris it!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Boris it!

Tsk. You know full well Bozza din’t initiate the Cycle Hire Scheme Flashy; that was done during Red Ken’s (Cha Cha Cha) regime… 😉

But he’s right though. Bike it, unless you are wearing a very fancy frock or are carrying lots of stuffs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kenbikes sounds utterly shite though! 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

cheers all.
    won’t be wearing a flashy suit, won’t be bothering wit coffee and I’ll wait for a pee until I’m on the train.

Would rather not get a later train as I’ll be going from the in-laws in Essex home to work in Northimberland

Boris-biking it could be fun though!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

just a thought, do you get a boris-helmet? Or do I have to take my life in my own hands and ride bare-headed for the first time in years, across london-village?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

45 minute walk, 20 mins by Boris at a guess.

DenDennis
    Free Member

my preferred route on that particular trip (and the reverse) is to just walk above ground to moorgate (5mins max) then northern line straight up.
    job done.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Kencycle?
    PedalKen?

Anyway, no helmets with Borisbikes. If you don’t know the way, then you’re likely to get lost a couple of times on the way!

toby1

No helmets, although you could take your own. Or rest assured that the bike is so slow moving and heavy that most traffic would do well to knock it off path, let alone knock it over!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tube advice – London Liverpool Street to Kings Cross’ is closed to new replies.