Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • TT bike sizing, a size down from road bike?
  • Jase
    Free Member

Generally, will the size of a TT bike be a size down from your ‘normal’ road bike size?

According to the Planet X website the top tube on the correct frame size for me is 530mm, whereas my road bike is 560mm – I’m 5’ 11”.

Ta.

karnali
    Free Member

i ride a med px road biek and a small stealth tried a med stealth and it was too big

Jase
    Free Member

Thanks.

ieeosg
    Free Member

I ride a 58cm Sworks Tarmac which is classed as a large and when I was time trialling a few years back I rode a large PX Stealth. Yes the top tube was shorter on my TT bike. The effective top tube on my Sworks is 57cm.

richardk
    Free Member

Depends on your leg length and arm reach. You usually go up or down a size to get more/less reach. Also depends on length of TT/Tri. I went for large Stealth (about same as road bike) as I want a more relaxed position for longer races. works well for me as I’ve got shorter legs and longer body.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’m 5’11”.
    Road bikes are 56cm Coppi K14 and 54cm Dawes Giro 300, oddly enough both with 100mm stems.
    TT bike was 49cm Rondelli F1TT (a little too short in the top tube TBH) New TT bike is medium Scott Plasma, not raced yet but feels fine on the turbo.

Jase
    Free Member

Is a medium Plasma a 54cm?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘TT bike sizing, a size down from road bike?’ is closed to new replies.