Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Trying to get info about my late dad's health issues
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I am trying to sort out health insurance and have been asked about specifics of my dad’s heart attack and stroke (ie, what age was he when he had them). Unfortunately I can’t remember nor can my brothers. Our mum is also dead and there is no one else we can ask.

So I have called his old surgery and am just getting the run-around, being told to write to them then, when I got no response, was told to ring someone who wasn’t in (the same person who told me to write in the first place) so why she couldn’t tell me when I first spoke to her I don’t know. Then they started talking about Caldicott Guardians and Privacy laws.

It’s really annoying as I can’t get the insurance sorted without the information and I know if I got the details wrong by guessing the wrong dates that any subsequent claim would soon be thrown out by the insurance company as I bet they wouldn’t have any problems finding out the information…

So – any tips on how I can get this information???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Trying to get info about my late dad's health issues’ is closed to new replies.