Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Trying to contact a Roy from Leicester (Orange 5)
  • wilburracing
    Free Member

Does anyone out there know a mtb’er called Roy, who is from Leicester and rides a white orange 5. He looks like he is in his late 40s and is a slim fit chap. He would have been in the lakes over New Year doing some riding.

Reason for the request is that I fell on ice in Grizedale on New Years Day (riding the NFT) and broke my hip. Roy was the first rider on the scene and helped me whilst the ambulance got to the scene. I remembered his name and his bike (old habits) but never got his number.

I would now like to track him down and thank him personally so any intel from anyone out there would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Paul
    (Green genesis altitude solo leg rider)

wwaswas

ouch.

well done roy – if yours was anything like my experience a broken hip leaves you fairly immobile (although Tom off here seemed to be able to mtfu and hobble home for a bbq before seeking medical advice).

hope it’s not too bad and make sure you do everythign the physio tells you even if it hurts more than the original break…

wilburracing
    Free Member

cheers mate, defo doing what I’m told as the consequences are too much to bear – potentially a partial hip replacement and the risk of no riding !

Not sure how Tom managed to walk off – I couldn’t move from the spot where I landed. Not moving does seem to have increased my chances of recovery as the joint didn’t displace too badly. We’ll see

Cheers

wilburracing
    Free Member

anybody else ?

z1ppy

this deserves a bump 🙂

wilburracing
    Free Member

somebody must know this bloke ? Please don’t let me resort to farcebook !

Vortexracing

look at you talking about face book at your age. 😆

Tell Pam thanks for that soup and don’t do anything silly to bugger up that healing.

with all this time on your hands , get that new orange 5 specced up.

you will need a treat for when you get back on one again.

do you think you will be up for Fort William DH course on the hardtail by early March 😆

Just kidding

speak to you soon buddy

wilburracing
    Free Member

Didn’t really want to thank him – just fancied his Orange 5 !!

Think DH’ing might be a tad difficult by March. I’d be thankful to be walking 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

My mate rides with a chap called Roy from Leicestershire, not sure what bike he’s got but have just texted him to check.

Frankers
    Free Member

Yes it was my mates mate, just checked and he has a Orange 5 (and a Marin)

jedi

bump

Frankers
    Free Member

emailed you and will pass your deatils on if you want

wilburracing
    Free Member

Thanks Frankers, knew somebody would know him.

Feel free to pass on my email

Cheers
    Paul

hora
    Free Member

Hurray 🙂

mick_r

And as a nice update to this one – in less than 12 hours Paul and Pam had passed on the good karma received from Roy:-

About an hour after Paul’s fracture, I had a tumble elsewhere in Grizedale that resulted in a dislocated shoulder.

We met Pam for the first time in Furness General whilst I was waiting for Paul to stop hogging the operating theatre. Within a few hours, Pam had taken my wife under her wing and provided food, accommodation and friendship in Ulverston whilst patched up boys lounged around in Hospital. The kindness of strangers (especially mtbers) in adversity always amazes me.

So I think a public thank you is definitely in order!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Trying to contact a Roy from Leicester (Orange 5)’ is closed to new replies.