Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Truvativ Stylo Left Hand Crank compatibility
  • tallie
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the 2008 Truvativ Stylo GXP crank in the link below is compatible with the 2006 Truvativ Stylo GXP?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Truvativ-Stylo-175mm-Crank-Mirror/dp/B001GSQJN2/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368913590&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=truvativ+stylo+gxp+2006+left+crank

I went for a rare ride on my 2006 Enduro Expert last night and my crank fell off after about 20 min – the thread had stripped from the crank. I’m not keen on replacing the whole chainset and BB if I can avoid it. Grateful for any advice.

Del

honestly, don’t waste your time. throw them away and get a cheap set of shimanos. merlin had a full set of lx inc. bb for 50 quid the other week.

tallie
    Free Member

Del – thanks for the response and I understand your point; however, as the father of 2 kids under 3 and a busy job I’ve limited time to spend on bikes each week and I’d rather spend that time riding which is why a quick fix appeals.

As I live in the South the Enduro is massively over biked for 99% of the riding around here which is why it largely gets ignored in favour of a singlespeed steel hard tail – if I’ve got to change the BB plus chainset and then have the standard chainguide and bashring compatibility faff it’ll probably not get ridden for another couple of years…

In short the question still stands.

Del

understand. have been through a similar situation with stylo cranks. thing is, if the crank has fallen off, the splines are very likely damaged. although i can see just bolting a new one on to the existing arrangement appeals on a number of levels, i think it very likely that you’ll be just throwing money down the drain, and that you’ll end up revisiting the issue with a new set of cranks anyway.
    i also had a gxp bb fail in 6 weeks, not terribly hard use, that came fitted to a new bike, so between that and the issues i had with crank arm loosening on the other bike, IMHO you’re better off just cutting to the end.
    HTH.

tallie
    Free Member

Thanks – I’ve just spent 20 min in the garage and managed to re-attach the crank but I’ve no confidence in it and suspect you’re right. Looks like I’m in the market for a new BB and chainset…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Truvativ Stylo Left Hand Crank compatibility’ is closed to new replies.