Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Truvativ Stylo chainset – any good?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Have you ever used it? It’s cheap at CRC, but why should I get one instead of LX? Will I be able to use Superstar Components ceramic BB?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

no to the bb if its shimano compatible

rs
    Free Member

l’d stick with shimano, have always had problems with truvativ chainsets, probably the cheaper ones that came stock on bikes, but thats put me off.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I’ve got one on my ss – much prefer shimano as the bbs last longer (and are easier to fit). Don’t know the price difference though…

Hairychested
    Free Member

The price difference is none, nil, zero. The arms are 175mm on Stylos, 170 on LXs. Rider 5’7″, 5″ full sus. Suggestions please.

GavinB

Had a Stylo for about 2 weeks before the BB died. Got a warranty replacement and bought a set of Middleburns for the SS.

The Truvativ BBs seem to be more than a bit flaky, in fact they seem to make Race Face ones seem good, which takes some doing!

Get LX or SLX would be my advice.

DezB
    Free Member

Apart from the BB issue, its down to whatever you prefer the look of. Performance differences won’t be noticable.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

I’ve had Stylo on Stumpjumper last 3 years. Lost count of how many bottom bracket bearings it’s had. I wouldn’t buy out of choice.

…….Oh, and My Race Face bearings on My HT are still spot on after about 1000 miles.

🙂

will
    Free Member

Had one for year and a half. Just replaced the BB (could have easily done more on it) seems fine tbh 😆

And yes, the bike gets abused, done well i think!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Thank everybody, she’s just bought the LX M581 from CRC for £60. Not sure what ring size but it’s kind of irrelevant, we have loads of rings anyway.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Truvativ Stylo chainset – any good?’ is closed to new replies.