• This topic has 60 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • True Detective Season 2 – possible spoilers.
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Agreed, like the jump of a few months, now the tashe has gone he means business.

Wonder how the little chat is going to go, Vaughn is pretty handy as well as Farrel so will be good to see who wins that tussle.

peterfile
    Free Member

If this was the first season, I’d be thinking that it was a great bit of TV.

But having harrelson/mcconaughey first has spoiled me. Those two were just such heavyweight performances and it all felt so gritty and cool…this season feels like it’s struggling to fill the true detective boots.

It’s getting interesting now, but it feels muddled and none of the characters really give it the grit that the first season had.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m still enjoying it!

Pigface
    Free Member

Set up nicely for next weeks finale 😀

DezB
    Free Member

McConaughey’s, arguably, finest moment of weirdness is on later this week: Killer Joe. Look out for it. The chicken leg scene is immense.

DezB
    Free Member

Tonight, chan 4, midnight:05. Killer Joe.

drlex
    Free Member

Damn; need to catch up- only on ep.4

For those of you who enjoyed Season 1, re-live the feel with “Awkward Detective”

(If I missed this being posted before- apologies).

One
    Two
    Three

toppers3933
    Free Member

Killer joe is crackers.

Pigface
    Free Member

Well that didn’t play out like I thought it would, left me feeling a bit low.

On the whole not as good as the first one but still excellent television.

Killer Joe is indeed a bonkers film.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve moaned a bit about this series in comparison to the first, but the last 3 episodes really pulled it back into that dark and gritty place that the first season got to.

Great ending. After struggling to keep my interest in the first half of the series, it actually felt quite epic by the end!

The storyline just felt a bit overcomplicated for my simple brain to keep track of, which is maybe why I struggled with the first half. So many characters with different agendas to keep track of.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

I enjoyed it but way way too disjointed and complicated. Thought Vince Vaughan was great btw.

pk13

I wanted Vince to walk away happy into the sunset.

peterfile
    Free Member

Vince doesn’t do walking away, which I think was the reason for his eventual demise 🙂

BoardinBob

I absolutely loved it. Was it as good as series 1? No, but it was still excellent television. I’m a massive fan of anything LA noir tinged so it was a no brainer for me. I loved the bleak ending, something that is rare in today’s sugar coated, magnolia coloured TV. I previously despised Colin Farrell but he was superb in the role. VV also improved significantly over the series and his initial character potrayal totally made sense by the end

****SPOILER ALERT****

The bit where Ray decided to go and see his son for the last time was one of the tensest scenes I’ve watched in a long time.

Haters gonna hate though…

jimjam
    Free Member

carbonfiend – Member

I enjoyed it but way way too disjointed and complicated. Thought Vince Vaughan was great btw.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1LFl8b2adc[/video]

He was bloody awful! There was a line where that googly eyed ginger woman says “you’re a terrible actor” to him, I can’t wait to see it used in a comedy re-edit.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Well that clip says more about the person who created it than VV. FWIW I thought he handled it very well considering all the flaws in the series. Incidentally none of the critique of season two has mentioned him in fact it’s all directed at Colin Farrell from what I have read.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Well done you win.

jimjam
    Free Member

carbonfiend – Member

Well done you win.

Oh come now, you flatter me. Let’s just agree that I’m better than you and I win the internet.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

You definitely won something today but it wasn’t the internet I’m afraid

Pigface
    Free Member

I thought he did ok, he had some pretty clunky dialogue to deal with.

DezB
    Free Member

Yay, glad some folk caught Killer Joe 🙂

**sorry – definite spoilers contained below**

Series finale was brilliant… weird that they introduced new characters at the end (or if they weren’t new, I didn’t remember them!)
    But the endings for each of the main characters was fab. Sweaty palms with Ray’s return and shoot-out, VV’s ending in the desert was classic.
    It was a bit overly complicated, but I enjoyed every second.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘True Detective Season 2 – possible spoilers.’ is closed to new replies.