Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • TRP Hylex bleed problem
  • charliemort

Struggling to bleed my hylex brakes. I can’t get fliluid to go through from calliper end to lever for some reason. Have bled from lever to Caliper okay but still have some sponginess and not full power

I’m holding the caliper in a vice with the bleed nipple attachment facing upwards, pads out with a bleed block in place

Any ideas?

Thanks

otsdr
    Free Member

Can you check if there is something that’s preventing the lever from fully returning? Maybe change the reach adjust to maximum distance, and even pull on the lever slightly, with the top syringe piston out, to allow any extra brake fluid from the back of the piston to escape.

My assumption is the main seal(F) is past the port (G), cutting the flow of fluid from caliper to reservoir. In the other direction it works because the main seal is unidirectional.

(image for reference purposes only)

bikerbruce
    Free Member

drop martin @ upgradebikes.co.uk an email if you are stuck he deals with Upgrade (uk distributors) Trp tech/warranty/making things work.

slimjim78
    Free Member

checking in as yet to bleed my Hylex

charliemort

Otsdr- I think you may have it there. I have got the reach adjust screw fairly far in.

I’ll back it right off and try again

But like a reverb bleed ensuring speed adjust is in slow position

Cheers

charliemort

right – otsdr I owe you a beer! Wound reach adjuster right out and then no problem pushing fluid through from caliper. Couple of big bubbles and now I have a mean brake again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘TRP Hylex bleed problem’ is closed to new replies.