Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Troll season?
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

Is it me or is there a lot of it about at the moment??Shirley we should all be out actually riding? (says he on a sunny sunday arvo).
    Or is it confined to the same ‘characters’ 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

What’s Surrounded by Zulus done now?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

I am not covinced its trolling….some of the recent posts on here make me think STW is inherited by excitable teenagers.

Done my ride in the sun today, nice and early with no cars about, and now watching finish of Amstel.

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s Surrounded by Zulus done now?

SBZ is the acceptable face of trolling. He has been assimilated by the establishment, so is fine now.

*posted from a sunny garden while waiting for a beer to be brought out*

RealMan
    Free Member

Must really suck to be so old everything annoys you. 50 miles today, nice and sunny.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

**** sake Jamie that’s not on the diet!

*posted from the garden with a cider in my hand*

Jamie
    Free Member

Eating kettle chips as well TSY.

HARDCORE.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Been out on the roadbike this weekend Jimmers?

What about you Furryone?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pah, I just had a pork pie with an egg in the middle of it. I laugh at your pansy chips!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nah. Mtb today, I’m resting. Haven’t you just done a sportiv?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Haven’t you just done a sportiv?

Did it yesterday in the New Forest – they put a Saturday one on because the Sunday one sold out so quickly. Just trying to work out how to edit a pdf of results to see how I did. 😕

yossarian
    Free Member

Must really suck to be so old everything annoys you. 50 miles today, nice and sunny.

Only 50? What are injured or something? Oh and proper roadies talk in kms, just so you know

Junkyard
    Free Member

Must really suck to be so old everything annoys you

one of the things that sucks is the lady we still have 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

111 miles yesterday.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

Must really suck to be so old everything annoys you

one of the things that sucks is the lady we still have

PMSL

Realman…..give it up, take a breath, turn your computer off and go have a cold shower FFS !!!

emsz
    Free Member

I can never tell, until some-one says Troll…

*cup of tea, scones, paddling pool*

20 miles sunny, lovely apart from all the grumpy old men walkers 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

111 miles Jamie! Fair play… what was your avg speed?

RealMan
    Free Member

Only 50? What are injured or something? Oh and proper roadies talk in kms, just so you know

Just getting back from a nasty spill on the bmx, and I threw up in the morning before the ride, so yeah. kms are rubbish 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

111 miles Jamie

Indeed. Am impressed.

*is impressed*

mogrim

111 miles Jamie

Bah, only managed 112km. Two cat 1 climbs in the middle, though 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

111 miles Jamie! Fair play… what was your avg speed?

Just over 16mph. 7 hours-ish with one piss stop and another to get the malt loaf out if my saddle bag 8)

….remember I live in the flatlands, so not as impressive as those who have hills.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah but you’ve only had a road bike for a couple of weeks!

*wishes had done proper ride this weekend*

atlaz
    Free Member

Just trying to work out how to edit a pdf of results to fix how I did

FIFY

Jamie
    Free Member

*wishes had done proper ride this weekend*

It was fun. Especially when going the other way past all the riders doing the Rutland Sportive and one guy telling me I was going the wrong way.

cinnamon_girl

FCOL Yeti – Jamie should be doing LEJOG for his total commitment to road riding unlike you … you slacker. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just trying to work out how to edit a pdf of results to fix how I did

LOLz 😛

*is secretly pleased with how I did anyway*

emsz
    Free Member

111 miles!!

**** hell!! Blimey Jamie, that’s well impressive.

*is as impressed as Deadly*

RustySpanner

Jamie – Member

111 miles yesterday.

Is that Binary?

philconsequence
    Free Member

just cracked out a 20mile loop with mrsconsequence in the sun, lots of families out with dogs and kids, sleeveless t-shirt and shorts, a cooling wind if you’re fast enough, warm wind if you’re pacing yourself… beautiful.

111miles = lying, he had a bbq and an orgy… nobody can do that many miles, its imposssible.

TSY – you better come out to play once LEJOG is out of the way 🙂

DD – pass me a kettle chip

i’m satisfied

*is satisfied*

cinnamon_girl

OK, if we’re boasting about our weekend achievements then yesterday I was at Swinley on the single speed.

Today I was again on the single speed for a total of 23 miles.

C_G
    trainee sister of gnarrrr

emsz
    Free Member

I keep forgetting you’re all fit mountain bikers…

What’s the longest distance you’ve all done then? I’ve done about 30 miles (‘cos we got lost I thought my legs were going to fall off) reckon I could more this year though

Rorschach
    Free Member

111 miles is impossible-I only managed 177.6km yesterday,but there were some hills and the highest pass in Wales to deal with.

cinnamon_girl

Fit emsz? Ha ha!

Junkyard
    Free Member

coast to coast is about 135 miles on the road. Riding flatish stuff on road is not that hard if you just hit a rhythm and stick to it for the next 8 hours
    Even at 10 mph 100 miles is doable in a day with a pub lunch and tea at the end

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ll find out at Kielder in september…not sure about the pub lunch tho.

mogrim

What’s the longest distance you’ve all done then?

10,000 del Soplao, mtb race in Cantabria, northern Spain: 165km and over 3000m climbing. Doing it again this year.

_tom_
    Free Member

….remember I live in the flatlands, so not as impressive as those who have hills.

Still pretty impressive to me. I did 46 miles round northants yesterday and I was absolutely **** 😆 I’ve had the road bike since about February as well (and a ss road since august).

Cougar

Seeing as it was a minging day today, we went round Gisburn forest. I managed to earn another “you’re not a real mountain biker until” badge by having total and catastrophic bottle failure on the Northshore, dabbing onto fresh air and pratfalling off into the conveniently located peat-bog-and-cowshit quagmire.

Later on we almost demolished a group of muggles who thought that walking the wrong way up the singletrack was a great idea for a family outing, but other than that it was a really pleasant ride out. Worth it for a pint of, ah, easily digestible carbohydrates and a chip butty at the Dog & Partridge afterwards.

emsz
    Free Member

Seeing as it was a minging day today

Oh, poor you, where abouts are you? we’ve had really nice sunshine all weekend, might even have tan lines!

Mind you, walkers today! 🙄 none of them in a good mood, after a while it became silly, shouting hello at them, either to be ignored completely, (couple of road riders too) or one chap who just stared and said “How many more of you?”

Charming.

Cougar

Oh, poor you, where abouts are you?

Sorry, I forget that it doesn’t always work in text – I was being sarcastic. It’s been glorious today, really warm and sunny.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Troll season?’ is closed to new replies.