Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Triscombe or therabouts routes/gpx?
  • toys19
    Free Member

thinking about going there tomorrow, I know the Dh tracks well, and was thinking of just taking the covert and hitting them up manually all day. I know people do other rides round there, any advice/routes/gps I can use?

Cheers in advance.

toys19
    Free Member

No one?

andylc
    Free Member

There are a load of routes around there in the Quantocks, either utilising some of the downhill routes or avoiding them altogether. If you want a big route look at the Quantocks Killer Loop, you can do some or all of that. There are also good routes around Triscombe spending some time in the nearby hills and heading through Triscombe as well.
    Could join you if you fancy Sunday afternoon instead!

toys19
    Free Member

Andy that would be great, but I have only got tomorrow and even then limited to about 2-3 hrs. I’ll have a look at the quantocks killer loop cheers.

andylc
    Free Member

Can you send files from Viewranger? I could draw a good one on there I did the other day which included some downhill at Triscombe and some other stuff nearby.

toys19
    Free Member

i think so I have viewranger.

Bucko

I have no idea if i can give you a GPX route for my Strava ride today from my iPhone.

https://www.strava.com/activities/332612415/export_gpx

I tend to park at Lydeard Hill, do a few of the Triscombe runs, then head over t Sharks link, then the Chimney and then maybe ride up past the scout camp and do the Great Woods DH used on the recent UKGE. From the scout camp you can also ride up to Crowcombe Park Gate and then do Frog Combe or Somerton Combe down to Holford before climbing back up and heading back along the drove to Lydeard Hill

toys19
    Free Member

yeah you can import/export gpx from viewranger.
    bucko I cant see that I think we have to be friends. I’m new to strava. I think I or you have to invite each other by email. If you emil me at my forum name at hotmail com then I’ll send you my “real” email!

andylc
    Free Member

Which bit of Great Wood was used for the UKGE? Presume the chimney is that longish downhill with the rocky bit near the top then the long funnely bit down to the car park? I just make things up at Triscombe but would be great to know where all the best bits are!

Bucko

There’s a trail that crosses the Chimney half way down, on the corner just after the rocky bit. It got pretty cut up during the event but its dried up now. Its pretty hard to describe where the Great Woods trail starts, but it finishes down a steep embankment exactly opposite the gate for the scout camp

toys19
    Free Member

yeah In would defo like to know where all the best bits are!! I only know the Dh trails the rest of what you are talking about means nothing to me? Where is the chimney?

Bucko

I work shifts and get out on the hills all the time. I’d never claim to know all the trials but I have a good enough knowledge after riding there for the last 12 months. I’d be happy to show anyone around if they wanted but i’d struggle tomorrow after riding every day for the last week

Bucko

toys, I recognise your username from local threads, do I know you? I used to live in Exeter and ride Haldon and East Dartmoor a lot on a Lapierre Zesty or a red SS Inbred

toys19
    Free Member

Maybe. I’m in exeter. Have been since before christ…

jam-bo

Try the northern end if you want a totally different feel. Loads of fast, flowy singletrack.

https://app.strava.com/activities/324511368

Bucko

So how did you get on today?

toys19
    Free Member

Cheers Bucko we had a great ride 24 kms up and down, mostly followed your route, found some of the enduro stuff and had a ball.
    Will be back for more soon. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Triscombe or therabouts routes/gpx?’ is closed to new replies.