Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Triple ring chain devices?
  • rhid

Does anyone run one? I have used dual ring ones and have found them great so was wondering if a triple one would be worth getting to stop the chain dropping on my hardtail.

The only one I have found is the MRP XCG, can anyone recommedn it or anything else?

Rhid

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

The xcg is really only a bashguard and not strictly a chain device.

i use an e13 on a double set-up which is great but as faw as i'm aware there isn't really a decent device for triple set-ups

panzerjager
    Free Member

Yeah, what mathewshotbolt says above, the XCG doesn't retain the chain at all, but it does a good job of preventing you from twatting your largest chainring if you don't quite clear an object, it also gives you a better chance of clearing it too, as the nylon guide slides over the obstacle, rather than the chainring teeth digging in.

I've seen some triple ring devices cobbled together by mates, with varying degrees of success, but not seen one designed that way.

TooTall
    Free Member

I run the XCG and it works well at protecting the outer ring and stops the chain coming off the inside of the 3. As said, not a chain device but does a good job for the bashing.

lookoutkid
    Free Member

On a slightly similar note – could a Dual specific guide also be used/adjusted so it can be used with a single
    ring setup?

Sorry for the hijack!

tandemwarriors

It's a bit old skool, but I dusted down and refitted my DCD last Sunday. We did the Devils staircase, Blackwater Dam & cairan path at Kinlochleven, and despite pinballing down rock gardens I never lost the chain once(triple chainset/short cage mech on a P7), though I did loose a few chainring teeth on some of the drops!

Rob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Triple ring chain devices?’ is closed to new replies.