Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trike
  • stevegtu
    Free Member

I’ve been working with an old chap this week and after talking about my cycling experience he informed me he’s been after a trike for a while. Now he’s researched Pashley bikes and they do indeed make a trike however he’s rather concerned about tipping the thing over ?? Whilst driving home tonight I saw a three wheeled bike with the two wheels at the front and what seemed like suspension ??? Anybody have any idea what this type of bike is ?? It looked mass produced too

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, upright trikes can be tippy, especially on a road with camber – two wheels at the front helps a bit, but not much. What really helps is getting a recumbent trike – with a lower centre of gravity, they’re much, much more stable.

And comfier.

And sexier.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Have a look at the Catrike villager.

catrike

mattsccm
    Free Member

Have a look at onthreewheels my fast forum or something like that.

bencooper
    Free Member

Or the Scorpion, Gekko or Kettwiesel 😉

cookeaa

Yes, upright trikes can be tippy, especially on a road with camber – two wheels at the front helps a bit, but not much. What really helps is getting a recumbent trike – with a lower centre of gravity, they’re much, much more stable.

And comfier.

And sexier

And largely invisible to dappy cows in Range Rovers.

bencooper
    Free Member

And largely invisible to dappy cows in Range Rovers.

Not in my experience. It’s not that dappy Range Rover drivers don’t see bikes, it’s that they don’t notice them, and being unusual goes a long way towards getting noticed.

I get loads more room on the road on a low recumbent trike than I do on any upright bike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trike’ is closed to new replies.