Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Triggers Vs Gripshift
  • 0091paddy
    Free Member

Having had two X-9 trigger shifters fail on me for no apparant reason, I've lost confidence in them as you'd expect, both left and right side on a bike that has always been well looked after. Bit of a mystery.

Considering getting some X-0 gripshifts instead, used them before and the action is always nice. So go with the gripshifts or just get some more trigger shifters?

Pretty odd as all the reviews of the triggers only say good things, and until them failing they were brilliant! 😕

Frankers
    Free Member

I have XO gripshift, X9 & X0 triggers.

I like them all and would recommend the gripshift but if i could only have one system it would be the triggers.

I've been using SRAM for 6-8 years and only had problems with shifters through crash damage

nickc

my X9 shifters were the reason I dumped the SRAM that came on a frame I bought. Had XO grip shifters before, and they were faultless

njee20
    Free Member

X.0 Grip Shift all the way! It's a real shame they're not offering Grip Shift on XX!

huw
    Free Member

I've been using X0 gripshifts on 2 bikes for a few years now and they've been faultless. I used X7 and X9 triggers before and thought they were poor in comparison (sloppy shifting and they failed on more than a few occasions).

Once you get used to them, gear shifting with gripshifts are very fast, and you can jump several gears in one twist, which is handy if you're going from a steep descent to steep climb for example.

I've never had trouble with accidentally shifting gear whilst holding onto the bars – something that I'm always asked whether I do get by others when they see that I'm using gripshifts.

scaredypants

I use gripshifts on the front – never had a problem

jedi

rocket gripshift and xtr rear mechs for years

mark_b
    Free Member

Attack Gripshift for the front dérailleur – Attack trigger shift for the rear – Best of both worlds.

Can't fault the grip shift – never misses a shift and not a lot to go wrong.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Had gripshifters on my commuter. Not convinced. They worked, but they were not natural to me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Triggers Vs Gripshift’ is closed to new replies.