Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Tried Squirt this weekend..
  • justa
    Free Member

And i am very impressed indeedy.

Thanks to the chappy that posted on here I got a free sample.

Went to Wales this weekend – applied it as per instructions before i went

Did the Wall on Saturday and Whytes Level on Sunday (it was filthy weather!)

No chainsuck, no grinding all nice and smooth

Came to clean the bike today and the chain was just about clean !

No scrubbing of the chain for hours !

Hallelujah !

soma_rich
    Free Member

How did you get the free sample??

justa
    Free Member

oo erm followed a link that some nice chap posted on here

be careful if you google squirt though 😯

RealMan
    Free Member

You mean to say that your bike didn't get muddy riding around Afan?

And in recent news, man walks dog.

foxyrider
    Free Member

http://www.in2dust.co.uk/Contact_Us_&_Sample_Request.php

I got a free sample just by filling in the form 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Mine got pretty muddy riding whites on saturday. Have you ever been there after a good rain?
    I also pinch flatted front and back at the same time on the final descent.

justa
    Free Member

It was pretty muddy on Sunday I thought – had to hose my kit down before putting it in the washing machine !

RealMan
    Free Member

Pretty muddy compared to what? Staying inside? Rode it in November on a long weekend, it rained the whole time. Didn't see any proper mud.

chiefgrooveguru

Me too! Impressed.

DickBarton

I'm liking it a lot and I'm hoping my local shop is about to start stocking it…

Andituk
    Free Member

I got a free sample just by filling in the form

Thanks for that 😀

justa
    Free Member

Realman – sorry i've got no idea what point your trying to make !

PJ266
    Free Member

Realmen like realmud. Apparently.

RealMan
    Free Member

Just saying, that what you said

No chainsuck, no grinding all nice and smooth

Came to clean the bike today and the chain was just about clean !

No scrubbing of the chain for hours !

may be more due to where you were riding then the Squirt stuff. I have also signed up for a free sample too though. 😉

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Squirt came to Chevin Cycles last demo day and were doing your drive train for free (cleaning the whole thing to show how good it was, there were some sparkly chains and blocks on some crackered bikes that day ;-). So far (which isn't that long) it's been great. Quiet and noticably cleaner. Have only just re-applied / topped up so interested to see how it goes from now / for a proper test period.

noidea
    Free Member

Another thumbs up for squirt here.

backhander
    Free Member

I suppose that its so flat in portsmouth that it's a mudfest in comparison to a proper hilly area.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

sent off for a sample cheers

jlc
    Free Member

How are you meant to clean the chain after you have applied squirt. Do you use a degreaser and re apply or do you just use water?

timmys

How are you meant to clean the chain after you have applied squirt. Do you use a degreaser and re apply or do you just use water?

According to them you should never have to buy degreaser again. You are meant to just brush off the dry waxy crud deposit that forms. I think that's a bit optimistic but I still like the stuff.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I have white lightening dry lube is this similar? Just tried it after cleaning chain and letting it dry. Will be trying squirt on new chain.

Where can I buy online? Got the free sample page.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

ok now saw tab on the site 😳

Three_Fish
    Free Member

According to them you should never have to buy degreaser again. You are meant to just brush off the dry waxy crud deposit that forms. I think that's a bit optimistic but I still like the stuff.

This is more or less how I've found it to work. I've got about ten rides on a Connex chain that I've been using Squirt on from new. It's had two applications since the initial one and I've used a toothbrush to clean the tiny amount of dry lube/dirt from where the chain link-plates meet. It's very quiet, helps maintain quick shifts and and actually seems to last rather well even in damp conditions. It's never been tested in proper downpours, so I'll reserve judgement on that aspect.

I'm used to (usually) being able to leave the chain on the bike with the Prolink Progold I've used for the last couple of years, so it's a very minor issue to have to take it off to 'massage' the Squirt into the links; but the trade is that I gather virtually no lube or trail dirt on my drivetrain. Absolutely first rate product.

Potdog
    Free Member

I got a sample sent over here too, been trying it on the hire bikes and although we haven't got the same filthy weather as you guys at the moment, I'm liking the long lasting protection it gives. It is certainly lasting longer than Pedros Ice Wax that I was using before.

Thumbs up from Sunshine Island 😀

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

I've just cleaned my chain thoroughly and I've applied the first lot.

I will add another load when it dries and see how it goes.

How oftern do I need to reapply? After I've cleaned up from a ride?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

How oftern do I need to reapply? After I've cleaned up from a ride?

Like any other lube: when the chain starts to become noisy. If you wash your bike down, it's a good habit to remove the chain while you do so.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Used it on my roadbike,with the free smaple last Sunday.Very impressed by how it went on.A lot less messy than other lubes but will see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Just used the white lightening dry wax lube which seems very similar. Used on road and Zesty. Impressed noticeably quieter, smooth changes and cleaner no more oil ring marks on legs :lol:. I'm converted from oil!

grahamb
    Free Member

So how does this compare to the other dry lubes ?.

I've tried the 2 finish line dry/wax lubes, white ligthening & pedros wax & they all last about 40 miles at most. A long day ride the chain needs re-lubing mid ride, which is not ideal for a wax lube that needs some time left to dry on the chain.

The best i've found is Pedros extra-dry, but nobody seems to stock that now, so would be interested in how Squirt compares to that.

I see Squirt are at the Builth enduro this weekend. Might give it a go there.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Seems ok so far. I have not found it needs re-lubing so far? I assume if used in the wet it washes off. The white lightening seems to work well for me I am converted.

I am at the Builth this weekend to and my chain is coated ready to go! May get them to do a clean and go though.

Andituk
    Free Member

Came home to find my free sample waiting, if the lubes as good as the service, i'll be a convert.

Cougar

Likewise – next-day delivery for a free sample, can't argue with that.

anjs
    Free Member

Indeed complete will letter apologising about having to use a large bottle

DickBarton

I don't bursh it off…any excess just falls off with use…then I reapply it every 8 days or so…lasts very well…I've also noticed a slower wear rate on my chainrings as well.

Quite chuffed my LBS has just become a stockist so I'll probably start using it on the other 2 bikes in the house as well.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Aye, the lad above and others have pressured me to get it! However, they were right as it's great and most importantly, the distributors are great to deal with – none of the usual hassle!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Tried Squirt this weekend..’ is closed to new replies.