Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • tricky decision
  • HairyHarry
    Free Member

Hi

Last week I asked about being tupe’d over and now my company have offered me six months work on a great project, but with nothing definite for the future other than a good chance of being redundant. Or stick with a job I’m sick off (IT Support), tupe into another company where I don’t know what will happen or what career prospects there are?

cheers

jon1973
    Free Member

what does tupe mean?

waihiboy
    Free Member

^ what he said???

Android
    Free Member

The purpose of TUPE is to protect employees if the business in which they are employed changes hands. Its effect is to move employees and any liabilities associated with them from the old employer to the new employer by operation of law.

TUPE is an acronym for the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations. The Regulations were first passed in 1981 but overhauled in 2006. The 2006 Regulations came into force on 6th April 2006. TUPE is a significant and often tricky piece of legislation adopted by the UK in order to implement the European Acquired Rights Directive.

druidh
    Free Member

If they’re TUPE-ing out the rest of your department, I’d be very wary about your prospects. For me, the security of the new job would probably win – especially given the current job market. I don’t think this is the best time to be thinking about changing careers. The only advantage I can see with staying is that you might qualify for a redundancy package in the future. Would that be sufficient to make it worthwhile?

(I’ve been TUPE’d twice)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘tricky decision’ is closed to new replies.