Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tricky approach shot to the 16th
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Should I nip across the tee or the fairway?

I’ve found a new source. The local golf course has been feeling trees. I can only collect logs when there’s a severe frost so as not to mark the ground.

Yesterday I was there at seven harvestin’ with a headtorch. Fantastic feeling trundling home into the sunrise with a trailer load as others were commuting to work.

Lets see your harvesting pics.

ton

life of riley Mc……….. 8)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

life of riley Mc………..

I’ve been housebound for a couple of weeks with an ear infection. It’s utterly blissful to be outdoors at dawn doing something productive.

Long drive north for work this afternoon, its not all fun and games.

willard

Seriously, are you sure this log collecting is not just a wee bit obsessive now? I mean, you have enough wood (fnaaar) that your stock could probably out-live you.

Are you collecting for your grandchildren or something?

footflaps

How do you get those massive pieces into the trailer?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Seriously, are you sure this log collecting is not just a wee bit obsessive now? I mean, you have enough wood (fnaaar) that your stock could probably out-live you.

Not really, I’m just keeping pace with consumption.

In a little more than a year we have emptied these three stores. We burn at least two wheelbarrow loads a day in the house in the winter. Maybe a barrow load a day when I’m in the studio. My brother snaffles some now and again too.

It is astonishing how much we get through.

Before we had our wood stoves, the oil and solid fuel boiler was costing £0000s per year to inefficiently heat the house.

I’d trade that for a few dawn raids anyday. 😀

How do you get those massive pieces into the trailer?

I’ve cut them up until they are about twelve inches deep and then just lift them in. If they were too heavy, I’d split them until I could lift ’em.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Two chairs you can burn there 😉

Sandwich

I thought this was going to be the new feature at Traigh Golf Course

It’s a three shot penalty if you don’t tackle the dog hazard.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spent a day at the local ‘council’ woods near my mates house a few weeks ago, just tidying up fallen trees that were easily accessible. I reckon we got a full winters wood out of the woods for him, and haven’t even made a dent on what’s in there.

And as you say, I love a cold, fresh day chopping Pete, almost as good as burning the stuff!.

deepreddave
    Free Member

You must have one hell of a wood stove to fit those in 😉 seriously I echo the ‘what are you doing with it all’ comment. You sure you’re not generating power for the National Grid?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

He has a few woodburners.

joshvegas
    Free Member

And a massive house to heat.

deepreddave
    Free Member

I’ve seen McMoonter Castle but several wheelbarrows of wood a day? I’m worried for the trees near me and we’re 100+ miles away!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tricky approach shot to the 16th’ is closed to new replies.