Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Trevor returns!
  • Houns
    johndoh
    Free Member

Hmmmmm

Looks a bit generic sports car doesn’t it?

I don’t think they’ll ever beat this view.

But if they can make it sound like the orginal I might forgive them (a little bit).

johndoh
    Free Member

I like the side port exhausts though – but I thought they were banned?

verses

It looks like the rear of a Nissan 350Z has been stuck to the front of a Dodge Viper.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Strong diffuser game. I like it.

Northwind

Rear view is disgusting imo but I like the rest, quite a lot of z car in it? It’s not a proper TVR if it doesn’t have random upside down fiesta light clusters though.

Houns

I like the rear view, think it’ll look even better in a lighter colour that makes the black bits and lights stand out more

bikebouy
    Free Member

Voms into a tea cup.

It’s rather pointless. Does anyone ever enjoy owning a leaking soap dish ?

And don’t forget Allegro door handles..

P-Jay
    Free Member

The pics are bloody awful, it’s a bad colour (it’s actually Red, but the TG version of the pics make it look brown ) for some reason they’ve taken the pics under a million strip lights so all the surfaces are covered with reflections – you can’t really get an idea of the shapes (it’s got sharper creases than those pics show) and a lot of the detail gets lost.

*based on other pics I’ve seen today.

prawny

I like it, it looks like a TVR would look like now.

Sounds like they’re also following the same formula, and it will kill you dead if you’re out in the rain.

Thumbs up from me.

sadexpunk

julians
    Free Member

I like it, but the price is a bit high.

I used to have a cerbera 20 years ago, loved that car, it would try and kill you if you looked at it wrong

Houns

Yes Top Gear have tried again and now showing it in its true red colour

Even better!

Del

saw the thread title and knew what it was going to be.
    it’s rather splendid, and i’m pleased to see the name resurrected, but flipping heck! 90k?
    i did over 45k miles in my chim, drove everything from griff to t350 and tamora, and loved ( nearly ) every minute, but you’d have to do something incredibly special to prise people away from the porsche garage at that sort of money.
    wish them well and all…

ourmaninthenorth

10/10 for:

Actually making one (I never thought they’d actually produce anything)
    Pitching it at a top end but not insane price
    Having a willing list of people ready to shell out to buy one

Good luck to them..!

allfankledup

Rear shelf doesn’t look very dog friendly… Peter Wheeler would have nowhere to stash his hounds

retro83
    Free Member

Del – Member
    but you’d have to do something incredibly special to prise people away from the porsche garage at that sort of money.

Like fit it with a Cosworth fettled V8 for instance? 😀

I really like the design, modern take on the Griffith without turning the front end into an angry birds character.

retro83
    Free Member

looks better here

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk_-vnOoRMY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Its got a roof, how can it be a Griffith ?!?

I cant help thinking its missing what its target market want too.

You can get aero, fancy tech elsewhere. IMO TVR’s are about bonkers cars that need you to have hairs on your chest to drive.

orena45

Saw the thread title…I was hoping for a different Trevor returning:

I is disappoint.

jimjam
    Free Member

Not bad for a first effort. It does a good job of establishing a new brand identity and design language but still has features reminiscent of the original Griffith. Apart from the headlights and the sheer size of the rear diffuser I think it’s pretty nice. Just look at how far McLaren have come on since the MP4-12c.

Del – Member
    but you’d have to do something incredibly special to prise people away from the porsche garage at that sort of money.

They probably won’t prize all the doctors and solicitors out of their daily driver 911’s but if they can make it sound anything like a Mustang gt350r they’ll sell plenty.

johndoh
    Free Member

if they can make it sound anything like a Mustang gt350r

if they can make it sound anything like an original Griffith

P-Jay
    Free Member

Del – Member

Depends I guess, it’s a smallish sports car for £90k ish so most people will compare it to the 911, in fact every sportscar is – but it’s a very different beast. The 911 is a Sportscar, it’ll be reliable, it’ll be comfortable, it’ll be refined and just lovely to be in, 911s are great – so why try to compete?

The TVR is one of Gordon Murray’s fancy Steel and Carbon hybrid chassis coupled with a tuned up Cosworth V8 (it’s a Ford Mustang engine really) it won’t be as refined, won’t be as comfortable but it’s got proper ground effect aero and 500Bhp in a car that weighs 100Kgs less than a Golf.

It won’t sell nearly as many as Porsche make, it’s more for the Car geeks.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Also, it’s made in Ebbw Vale, which is much nicer than Modena or Stuttgart!

v8ninety

Well, I like it, lots. Which is an entirely moot point as I’ll never own one

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I was hoping it was Trevor from GTA V

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Trevor returns!’ is closed to new replies.