Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trek VRX 200
  • sparkyspice
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trek-vrx-200-full-sus-no-timewasters-please-/111524199788?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:GB:1120

The title says No Timewasters, but with a £1000 Buy It Now, what would you expect!

Put an off in – you know you want to!

mtbfix

Oh dear…

On a related note, I still have the fabric frisbee that Trek doled out to LBS staff when the VRX bikes were launched back in 1999(?).

jamj1974

Literally one of the worst suspension designs.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

“Literally one of the worst suspension designs.”

…seems to work for an Orange 5!!!

smokey_jo

I’ve ridden one with a vanilla r shock, it could have done with a platform air shock to reduce the very active back end. Its still in the shed if anyone is tempted to try, I’d let it go for a bit less than the chap on eBay ….

jamj1974

“Literally one of the worst suspension designs.”

…seems to work for an Orange 5!!!

Was thinking more of the pointless travel adjustment feature that offered next to zero positive impact.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Fair do’s! There was a guy that used to ‘float’ around our way on a VRX claiming it to be the greatest/next big thing. Everyone that rode it said it was a nail and no-one on a hardtail ever got passed by him… I’m just wondering if the £1000 pounds was a typo?

Either way it has been removed, so we’ll never know if it really was worth £1000!

alfabus
    Free Member

I had a vrx 300 back in the day… weighed a tonne, but was actually not too shite. Thoroughly surpassed by most things these days, but not too awful for its time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trek VRX 200’ is closed to new replies.