Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trek Superfly AL100, anyone got one, is it the shnizzle?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Well, your thoughts.
    Just looking for 100mm FS for XC and a bit of long distance/all day stuff, not into DH in anyway folks so nothing needed over 120mm max.

Spotted one at the weekend, looked good.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have a Pro. Only had it a couple of weeks but love it. It’s not “better” than other bikes as such, just different.
    I ride certain things faster on it eg rocks, roots etc
    It’s my bike of choice at the minute-and I have a few ha ha
    Cheers
    Steve

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cheers.. Did you try a Rumblefish pre your purchase? Or any other 29er FS’ers?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Anthem X29er….knocks spots off the superfly.

ask1974
    Free Member

Test rode an AL100 in Majorca; good, solid, nice but not remarkable. Whilst it was a few months earlier I remember enjoying a Specialized Epic 29r more. I found itmuch better at climbing and faster on Single track. Close though.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Didnt try a Rumblefish but would have liked to.
    A mate of mine demoed the Superfly and felt it needed more suspension eg Rumblefish I guess but he is faster than me and I havent noticed it lacking.

Only other 29er I have tried was a Cotic Solaris.
    The main reason for buying the Superfly was I got a good deal and got the Pro for less than the rrp of the Elite.
    I would also have liked to try the Anthem 29 as I have a normal Anthem Advanced and love it.
    Its well speccd with XT throughout. I found it a bit “bobby” on tarmac and fireroads so use the propedal in these situations whereas I have never used the propedal on my Anthem.
    Considering getting some Hope wheels for it but thats as much a personal preference (tarty)thing really.
    Cheers
    Steve

robarnold
    Free Member

I’ve got a Rumblefish, came about six weeks ago and already I feel as in tune and flattered by it than I have by any other bike I’ve owned. I had one of the 160mm Remedys a couple of years ago (the ones with Fox 36s on the front) and downhill it feels so similar it’s unreal. Couple that with better climbing and it’s one he’ll of a bike.

I imagine that the slimmed down Superfly 100 is equally as good, just a bit more oriented towards ups than downs. The platform works well and you can’t go wrong with a Trek. Fair enough you pay price but well worth it in my opinion

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cheers fellas.

I’ve spinned out of the window a SC Tallboy now, mainly on price for the spec I wanted (5k) so looked at a Rumblefish a month or so ago but never seen one in the flesh, each time I go to a shop that says they have one they’ve sold it.. So then I’ve looked at Scott and Giant. Both have their merits, no doubt about that, but I’ve been supporting my LBS and they have a SuperflyAL100 Pro in at the mo and it’s the first time I’ve actually seen one in the flesh. It looks pretty, looks like it’ll fit with my riding style and I think I can upgrade it easily over the next couple of years. Just wondered what the thing rode/rides like TBH.

I might be swayed in the next week or so.

quarryman77
    Free Member

Picked up my Superfly 100 elite 2 weeks ago. Suspension has taken some time to get dialed in, but in that time I’ve really grown to it and its unstoppable up and down. Having a blast. LBS knocked 10% of MRP without batting an eyelid so was well happy with the price.

Time will tell how it stands up to my abuse, but so far so good – that said I’m new to 29ers so dont really have much to compare it against other than the spec.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trek Superfly AL100, anyone got one, is it the shnizzle?’ is closed to new replies.