Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trek Remedy 8 opinions please
  • darkplunger
    Free Member

Interested in a Remedy 8 2016 27.5″. Choice is limited to this due to C2W scheme. On paper it appears to be all I’m after and then some. Struggling to get any reviews. Any owners out there with opinions? Good and bad are welcome.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Hiya. I have the 9.8 with 650bs it is really very good. It is pretty good over everything and is still very quick on the flatter stuff.

ready

I had a 2014 Remedy 8 650b, and absolutely loved it! A lot of fun, perfect for weekends in Wales, plus very nice to ride on more XC stuff. I only sold it,to buy the 2016 Remedy 9!

Northwind

I haven’t owned one but testrode it, for whatever that’s worth. Awesome fun, I was constantly looking for stuff to bounce off. Slow as a dog, for some reason, I rode the same lap on 5 bikes and it was the slowest by miles… But I had a great time while I was doing it.

trek have a demo coming up at glentress- maybe they’re doing others?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Not much help but have a 2012 Remedy 8 which is Awesome bike is a 26″ 150mm front and back and it jumps like a dream and handles great brill bike.

spicer
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2015 remedy 9. Built it up from scratch as the frame was a warranty job, with pikes, GX, cane creek inline.

Awesome bike, I use it mainly as a mini-dh bike though, built up with wide bars, hope enduro wheels and dual ply tyres, so it’s not great pedalling around as it is, but with some normal tyres etc its perfectly happy pedalling around all day. Equally as happy on any black dh trails I’ve ridden and is nice in the air on big jumps!

Have done huge xc rides in the alps followed by a few weeks of downhilling with only a chainring changed, and it was excellent on everything. I do think it descends better than it climbs though- not saying it climbs badly. My other bike is a full carbon rigid, so I’m comparing the remedy to that so my perspective is a bit warped in that sense!

I wasn’t impressed with the DRCV shock mine came with, but I see the one you’re looking at doesnt come with this anyway. I’ve tried the penske racing Fox DRCV, a Monarch RT debonair, and the cane creek inline on it- the inline is a whole level above the other two. I’d sell the fox one as new and upgrade the shock (a normal db air wont fit, only the inline), it makes a huge difference.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy 8 opinions please’ is closed to new replies.