Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trek Fuel / Remedy bearing life and maintenance experiences??
  • DeeW
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a new Remedy, but concerned by the number of bearings, particularly as I'm currently riding a single pivot Orange.

It would be my only bike. Ridden fairly hard, year round through Peak district mud and grit.

Anyone with real life experiences: How long do the bearings last? Any other regular maintenance needed? Are they easy frames to live with?

Thanks

Dave

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

are the bearings (and labour) not set at some nominal value like 1p from trek dealers for the lifetime of the original owner?

So apart from having to wait for them to be fitted by a shop rather than DIYing it the Trek is actualy more practical?

timraven

I've had my Fuel EX8 for over a year, ridden hard mostly in Somerset mud, it's not like it's dried out much this year.

I've had one bearing go, drive side ABP, lbs replaced them it FOC.

Main pivot is lifetime guaranteed.

Lovely bike, get QR15 fitted and it's the perfect trail/ occasional race bike. IMHO 🙂

orena45

Had my Fuel EX for 18 months, it's done both the English and Scottish coast to coasts, a few Wales trail centres, and has been hammered down Peak District descents, as well as plenty of local rides and the original pivot bearings are still going fine.

The wheel hub bearings on the other hand, are (or were) pants.

krag
    Free Member

Had my Trek EX8 for just under 12 months and went through 2 seats of bushes, both replaced under warranty with LBS. That's regular riding in Wales (natural and trail centres) with the occasional DH runs so maybe to be expected.

As above, the wheel hub bearings are far worse, went through those at a rate of knots (again under warranty although LBS got a bit funny about it in the end)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trek Fuel / Remedy bearing life and maintenance experiences??’ is closed to new replies.