Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trek Fuel Ex sizing??
  • renton
    Free Member

What would be the correct size fuel ex for someone who it 6foot1 in shoes?

Cheers

Steve

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Either a large or extra large depending on your measurements and preferences. I suggest a test on one of each size.

Jamie
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking Trek don’t do mail order, so you’ll have to go to a shop anyway?

…ignore if buying secondhand.

renton
    Free Member

Its the virtual/actual thing I dont get?

renton
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Ok, ok. Got you the first time.

renton
    Free Member

Dont know what happened there!! bust trying to pay for car tax too !must of pressed it twice!

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I forgot about the virtual thing, best to think in terms of L or XL.

My XL works well for me at 6’3 but also works well for my brother who is your height, although he doesn’t like it with the 120mm stem it came with.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I would expect a 19.5 would be the best fit for you . Next size up 21.5 is a big bike . I am 6ft and had a 19.5 EX8 and am currently riding a 19.5 Stache . Inside leg is 33 .

bikemanspen
    Free Member

What Ramsey niel said I have an ex 8 virtual 19.5 actual 18.5 I’m 6ft an it’s perfect 😉

devash
    Free Member

I’m 182cm (just a cm shy of 6ft) and ride a Specialized Camber which has the same effective top tube as a 19.5 virtual Fuel EX and it works fine for me with a 70mm stem. I’d definitely say at 6ft 1 you’d be a 19.5 virtual unless you have ape arms.

Bear
    Free Member

6’3″ ride the biggest one, was tempted by the next size down when demo’d them, Was easier to get off the back etc, but just not really big enough to pedal properly.

WildHunter2009

I have one of the 17.5 or ‘medium’ Fuel Ex at 5,11 and a bit.. Was a really good deal and I always thought I liked small, chuckable bikes… It is fun but more and more i’m thinking its actually too small for me, especially as i prefer wide bars and a short stem. Although i have always struggled with bike fit, seemingly between sizes a lot of the time grrr.

I have learned that I like small hardtails but not small full sus, odd maybe .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trek Fuel Ex sizing??’ is closed to new replies.