Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trek Fuel EX 9 2016 (new) vs Whyte T130s 2016 (used)
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

So I went for a test ride on the medium 2017 whyte and decided that I needed a large. Local bikes shops unable to get a large until December time or price match any online retailers.

I have found this ‘as new’ large 2016 version on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Whyte-T130s-/182251438624?hash=item2a6f084220:g:KXsAAOSwIgNXuaTP

Also – a while back I tried the Trek Fuel EX 8 which was also nice, but since then my local Trek dealer has the EX 9 down to £2300, but they have now said I could have it for £2100.

http://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/fuel-ex-2016/fuel-ex-9-27-5/p/1166600-2016

I have not ridden either bike in anger, and don’t think I will get the chance. But I need to decide as the one on ebay might sell at any time and there are not a lot of the treks left!

I can see positives and negatives off both bikes. I always liked the Trek, wanted one ages back, but the Whyte gets 10/10 reviews.

I guess more people will favour the Whyte?

tommy19
    Free Member

I have just bought a new t130s 2017 large from wheelbase online ordered it one week received the next, that was two weeks ago. Fantastic bike

jayx2a
    Free Member

I see that wheelbase have large in stock – how did it arrive, much to put together and set up?

I like both bikes!!!!

tommy19
    Free Member

All setup I just had to put the front wheel on and the handle bars but all the controls were already fitted, there just removed for postage.

lawman91

Get the Whyte. Just bought a large T130C RS and it should be mega if first impressions are anything to go by, giving it its first proper run out tomorrow. I actually quite liked a Fuel Ex I rode a few years back, was one of the last 26″ models they did I think. Felt super lively and poppy but under-gunned on techs terrain. Rode the 2016 T130 in S, RS and Carbon Works models in March and just settled the new bike conundrum for me, had looked at various shortish travel bikes both 650b and 29er but it just felt bang on for what I wanted. The trek is likely pretty good, but the T130 will be better.

flaps
    Free Member

I’ve a bit of a thing for Trek bikes at the moment, the Remedy 8 at £1800’s really tempting but unfortunately the wife says no.

mboy
    Free Member

T-130 for defo…

If you’re after a large S Yari model, I have one in stock. I’m based in Droitwich, Worcestershire, don’t know how convenient that is for you…

jayx2a
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, the Whyte as suspected has the most votes.

I do have a soft spot for the trek but it’s that heart vs head debate!

jayx2a
    Free Member

I also have to consider price too. The 2017 T130s is too much of a stretch. The 2016 model is just about affordable, and the trek even more so.

The cheapest is the one on eBay but has its own down points as it’s too far away to pick up and exchanging that amount of money with a stranger is a risk.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trek Fuel EX 9 2016 (new) vs Whyte T130s 2016 (used)’ is closed to new replies.