Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Trek Fuel 80 2002 17.5″ Frame
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

Hi I have a trek Fuel 80 frame from 2002 it is well used but there are no dents.

It has an upgraded shock to a 2007ish Propedal Float R

I was thinking £110 for it.

It can come with a

cane creek S2 headset in very good condition for £10
    an XT original hollow tech crankset 175mm New outer ring middle and inner changed last year not used too much £30
    XT front mech Conventional to fit £15
    Light syncronos Seat post £10

Its located in Battersea London, can deliver locally possibly to staffordshire and I’ll work out postage maybe £15 ?

Roger

njee20
    Free Member

A. this should be in the classifieds
    B. why on earth wouldn’t you clean it properly first!? It could probably look alright with a decent polish, it looks trashed as is!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

It is in the classified isnt it ?

Cheers for your opinion on the frame I’ll have to look out for stuff your selling and comment on it too.

neilb67
    Free Member

scu98rkr – Member

It is in the classified isnt it ?

No classified is >>>>>>>

ampthill

You put your bike up in a discussion forum and then your surprised that people are discussing it

I think it looks great value, but sadly tooo small for me

njee20
    Free Member

Cheers for your opinion on the frame I’ll have to look out for stuff your selling and comment on it too.

Please do, it’s more people looking at your frame, I for one never check the classifieds, I’m now aware of this frame, and the more people discuss it the better your chances of selling it.

I’m not sure it’s great value, the bikes were about £1000 new 7 years ago, they had tonnes of stiction and were very prone to getting trashed by premature pivot wear.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

In all fairness, the fact that you jolly well have not bothered to make it look it’s best, suggests praps that you don’t care much about it, and want rid asap, rather than the usually more successful approach of making it seem like you really don’t want to part with it, and loved it to bits.

Your ‘advert’ is saying ‘look, I’m bored with this bike now, don’t want it any more, and want rid so’s I can buy a nice shiny new one’.

Not exactly great marketing skills, there…

Good prices though. good luck with the sale.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep that was my point, 5 minutes even with some GT85 would probably make it look a load better, just a thought.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I have actually cleaned it for these pictures if you lot are really that interested I can email you some pictures of it dirty if you really want.

Im not sure what you expect its a 7 year old frame its strached.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I have actually cleaned it for these pictures

Not particularly thoroughly, mind. Which may make any potential purchaser think you jolly well have not maintained the bike quite as well as they would feel is adequate. I would personally be put off by the apparent dirt in the nooks and crannies. But maybe I’m fussy.

I’m not having a pop at you, btw. Just trying to point out how you could make your items a tad more desirable.

njee20
    Free Member

And you’re not selling it with the front mech, so whip that off and clean it, same with the cranks etc.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

well Im hoping I am selling it with the front

njee20
    Free Member

Ah yes, I missed ‘it can come with’

Dancake
    Free Member

Would you sell the shock on its own?

any services? I would need a pic of it stripped though…

edit I should have asked what size it was first. Have a feeling it isnt what I need. Sorry pal. If I edit any more the edit tax man will be after me

scu98rkr
    Free Member

sorry no I’d never sell the frame then

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Trek Fuel 80 2002 17.5″ Frame’ is closed to new replies.