Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trek EX – FAIL, warranted?
  • crotchrocket
    Free Member

This was an early-ish trek, I got it late in 2008. I guess 120mm rear travel isn’t enough after all :/

Is it likely to be covered under warrantee?

Cheers

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Yep, provided you are the original owner.

awh
    Free Member

Yes, but you’ll have to have a 2011 EX9! Trek don’t keep previous model year frames for warranty replacement so you’ll get a frame from the current model year.

jimw
    Free Member

A 2011 EX9 frame would require new shock, forks and front wheel to build up bike as 2008 model uses standard RP23 and 1 1/8″ steerer with 9mm qr- would this be covered under warranty?

From personal experience Trek’s customer service is second to none as long as you go through proper channels – via shop you bought it from as a starting point

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That’d be for Trek to decide, but I’d be suprised if a standard rp23 didnt fit, IIRC the basic models do/did come with them? Forks will fit with the right headset. Don’t push your luck, a lot of companies would just give you a new seatstay!

trailertrash

Just a crazy idea I know, but you could ask the shop you bought it from?

awh
    Free Member

The weld below the rocker went on my 2008 EX. I got a new 2010 frame inc. shock, new headset and BB. No new fork just an adaptor to fit a standard fork in a E2 headtube. Amazing service.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You’ll get a 2011 fuel ex with dcrv shock,a reducer headset and press fit bb-make sure you specify 9mm abp on the back.You will need proof of purchase before you take it back from where you bought it and you’ll have to cover any labour costs incurred if you want the shop to rebuild it for you.
    OR…you might get a new seatstay……..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trek EX – FAIL, warranted?’ is closed to new replies.