Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • TREK EX 8 bikes Any good as compaired to the new Specialized FSR enduros?
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Been pondering for a while now whick bike would be better..

After looking at a few EX8’s there growing on me a TAD..

Anyone riding & loving them or whats the down side ..If any ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tried both, got an Enduro.

I was really taken by the Enduro’s handling at speed. It just felt more planted, more direct, with better steering.

snaps
    Free Member

I like the Trek but know of three that snapped in the same place – warrenty sorted it OK though
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=399490

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Mm.
    Interesting as im a bit heavy say 16.5 stone to be honest so im slightly concerned about that …
    Enduros are nice but the Trek finish is nicer but they need to sort the Alloy out more id say LOL..

Weird 2 went in same ish place tho ??

Dimmadan
    Free Member

The 2008 EX8’s were the ones with the problems, the new 2009 has a slightly larger rear weld that means no more snaps.

I have an EX8 and have ridden Afan (Wall, Whites and Skyline) also Cwmcarn and lots of local riding. It is amazing.

It’s light (18.5″ with pedals 28.2lbs), when locked out feels like a hard tail, when unlocked it corners well, jumps well, and you can ride it all day with no problems.

muggomagic

is the remedy not more comparable to the enduro, and the stumpjumpers to the EX?

I got a remedy 8, and it’s fukin ace (if you’ll pardon my french?)

njee20
    Free Member

I really like the Fuel EXs, I regret selling my 2007 9.5 in a lot of ways! The new ones do pedal extremely well, I think they’re more responsive than the FSR, they have more sensible geometry too, the Stumpies are all to cock now!

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Wish i could just get both but need to sell my RUSH Team carbon 1st to be real…

Will have a look on few reviews etc & many many thxto you all for the info people.

A++++++

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Also, the EX8 got in the top 12 bikes of the year for the second year. So it must be good.

snaps
    Free Member

I’m a bit sceptical about the replaced parts on the broken Treks as all they’ve done is extend the weld up the top of the seat stay by about 15mm – but time will tell, my 105kg mate has just got his back from the warrenty repair with the new stay & he’s off to the Alps in 2 weeks so a good test for it!

MicArms

My frame snapped on the rear stay after 5 months, new rear end fitted and has been hammered for 14 months with no problems.

skiprat
    Free Member

Replaced a Stumpjumper FSR with a EX8 and its the best move i’ve made. After a year of good solid riding there nothing to report….

….best riding bike i’ve had, very plush ride, good fit and it feels lighter than it is (i think) Just replaced bits as they have worn out so i’ts only getting lighter and better as it goes on!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘TREK EX 8 bikes Any good as compaired to the new Specialized FSR enduros?’ is closed to new replies.