Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Trek build complete with pics ..
  • kenztwinturbo
    Free Member

Ok first of let me start by saying there seems to be a few trolls on here who love nothing more but to try an wind people up ! So if your one of them f#ck off the thread . This is my first ever bike build and im really quite chuffed with the outcome .. 

STICKERS STILL TO GO ON;) bike before

And after 

[IMG]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/xpackken/20130829_212857_zps0790ee9e.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/xpackken/20130829_213138_HDR_zps5ca1697a.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/xpackken/20130829_213233_zps9f2d657e.jpg[/IMG]

boxfish
    Free Member

Good job. Like it.

tthew

Me too, but if you get that upset by people taking the piss, you’ve joined the wrong forum.

By the way, you need to take the recycling out.

rickt
    Free Member

Samehere – looks good!

You going for the original stickers with model or just the brand name ? (think i would just go brand)

Good work!

iolo
    Free Member

Looks really nice.
    I had one but I got rid of it due to the crazy amount of flex in the backend. That and the fact that I was going through pivot bushes at an alarming rate.It went back to Trek twice who said it was fine.
    It looks like you’ve built it for aggressive riding so I hope this won’t be an issue for you.

nick1962
    Free Member

Good job. Like it.

+1
    Would look better with less spacers under the stem with maybe one above instead IMHO 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

The white on the swing arm doesn’t go with the grey IMO.

Need to sort your hoses out too.

composite
    Free Member

I like the look without any stickers. Where possible I’m a no logo type of guy though.

kenztwinturbo
    Free Member

Thanks guys, iv still got alot of fettling around to do INCLUDING the b#stard stem 🙂

Stickers are being made with a more modern look to them so hopefully they will add abit to the bike 😉

kenztwinturbo
    Free Member

Just a wee bump or anyone that didnt see last night 😉

creamegg
    Free Member

wouldn’t bother with the stickers myself

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Whats the spillage/stain on the kitchen floor?

Kryton57

FunkyDunc – Member
    Whats the spillage/stain on the kitchen floor?

Which btw, is handy for playing Blockbusters…

plyphon
    Free Member

pretty amazing how a few change of some choice parts (namely stem etc) can make a bike look a lot more modern, good work.

spawnofyorkshire

nice work, i quite like the white but would either get a white saddle or seat post to finish the job off.

I think a good trek logo on the downtube would finish it off nicely. Good work 🙂

btw the valve stems and tyre logos need lining up

annebr
    Free Member

nice, is it painted or annodised or raw?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Are you actually gonna use that thing in public…

Just kidding looks OK, who cares if people take the piss btw…As long as it rides well and you like it.

I_Ache
    Free Member

spawnofyorkshire – Member
    nice work, i quite like the white but would either get a white saddle or seat post to finish the job off.

Don’t get a white seatpost they look crap, don’t they patriotpro?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Would look much nicer if you polished it.

Wookster

Id leave the stickers off mate it looks lush!

wwaswas

I’d reroute the front brake hose – it’s going to catch on the tyre the way you have it. Take it down the front of the fork and then behind underneath the bridge.

Looks good 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

Will this be a daily or weekly bump for all to see it?
    It’s nice but not amazing.

organic355
    Free Member

Agree with some of the above

white saddle
    no stickers
    cables & hoses need sorting as well as cable ties trimming.
    The routing of your front brake hose looks wrong to me, it needs to come round the front of the fork.

In fact most of your cables look wrong coming from your bars, they should come from the lever/shifter over to the opposit side of the bike and down the frame, not the same side like you have it. Purely aesthetics though, they will still work.

Are there any cable lugs for routing the front mech cable underneath the downtube, as using a bottom pull mech? seems to be a lot of cables around the seatpost area??

6079smithw
    Free Member

Nice. Would have a flat handlebar meself

organic355
    Free Member

oh, and tyre-logos should be lined up with valves rim stickers 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Trek build complete with pics ..’ is closed to new replies.