Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Trek ABP problem
  • robsoctane
    Free Member

Hi all,

please help! I’ve just lost my rear QR. It’s a Trek one so it’s ABP (longer than usual).

where to but one? Anyone got a spare to sell?

Please please help

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Unsurprisingly Trek dealers have them or can get them , there are 2 different lengths for ABP or ABP light , make sure you get the right one .

njee20
    Free Member

ABP Race is the short one, not ABP light. Race on the 2010 onwards Top Fuels and SuperFlys

I’ve lost 4 now!

robsoctane
    Free Member

Mines a fuel ex 8 from 2008, I feel like a fool for loosing it! Please send me a link someone, surprisingly I can find it on Google!

Argh!!!!

njee20
    Free Member

Seriously?

Let me Google that for you 🙄

The-remedy
    Free Member

All terrain cycles had one on in stock a couple of weeks ago.
    Might be worth ringing them in the morning.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They have a box of them in Cheltenham Cycles 01242 255414.

njee20
    Free Member

Having a box of them in stock is even weirder than not being able to use Google 🙂

Absolutely any dealer can get one, just go into your nearest Trek dealer and say “hello, I’d like a new ABP skewer for my 2008 Fuel Ex8 please”, and they will order one. It really isn’t a big problem!

Like I say, I’ve lost 4, and always had a new one within a few days.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Not weird they are a Trek dealer the box is not full they only need a few people to lose 4 a time then the box is soon empty 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

How exactly do you lose a rear QR???

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Good question i was wondering that!!!!!!!

TrekEX8
    Free Member

The rear QR goes through the middle of the pivot bearings.
    So you have to remove the skewer completely to get the rear off.
    I’ve left the skewer at home when taking the wheels off to get the bike into the car. Doh.

tthew

I left my front skewer here after completing this years Passportes du Soleil. Not hard to do, (though loosing 4, that’s some going!)

robsoctane
    Free Member

Wow, what %*#+%+#*} some of you are!

Others will be pleased to know that this morning I took another bike to said car park and there it was! Managed Hamsterly too, thanks to those of you that understood!

njee20
    Free Member

I understood fully, just thought you were being melodramatic!

But yes, always carrying bike in car means that I always take it out and have left them in the grass at Dalby, Wasing, Swinley (that was a KCNC one), and slightly irritatingly outside my old flat, but some bugger took it!

Hey ho, they’re not expensive!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I am in the habit of putting the front maxle and rear qr back into the frame after I take the wheels off before it all goes in the car. I now think that if the axle isn’t in the frame then something’s not right and I don’t leave without everything being at peace again.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Trek ABP problem’ is closed to new replies.