Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • tree removal costs?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Small Rowan tree covered in ivy, needs to come out, how much should I expect to pay?
    Can’t drop it myself without dropping it through my garage roof.

bensales
    Free Member

I’ve just paid £390 for a 20m fir to be felled, all wood removed, and the stump ground down to below ground level.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Its probably less Tha 20ft high but has spread over next doors yard. That isn’t a problem though as they will be happy to allow access!

timber

Hours work realistically if it can be an assisted fell, cost depends on your area, expect to cover a half day cost.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Its in a raised bed, alongside my shed/garage & overgrowing next doors yard & the unadopted lane behind. Needs someone with the right tackle.
    EDIT: Rochdale/Gtr Manchester area.

fubar
    Free Member

google Low House Forestry, Milnrow to find a telephone number. It’s been a few years and I think getting hold of them took a few calls but they cleared loads of trees and bushes from our garden for little money

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ooh ta!

castanea
    Free Member

Without seeing the tree. 200

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I was thinking around that price tbh, I assume that would include the clear up as well?

castanea
    Free Member

Aye, that’d be with everything taken offsite or wood ringed up and stacked for you. Without stumpgrinding though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I paid 450 for three men all day. Cleared a big site for me, took everything away.

thecaptain
    Free Member

A lot depends on whether they have to go up the tree and take it down in bits, and if so, how many bits. It’s just time = money. If you can lop off branches safely by yourself, start with that. I had to get a big sycamore taken down which took 3 days, 8 person-days of work and £1500 all in (including disposing of the brash and leaving the wood) which stung a bit but I thought was fair (lowest of 2 quotes). Last year my parents had a fallen apple tree removed for about £150 which also seemed good value – I’d have done that myself but wasn’t around.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘tree removal costs?’ is closed to new replies.