Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tredz – Any Good Yet?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Need to order some childrens handlebar grips. Tredz seem to the only one who do them. Will I get the usual phone call saying they are out of stock?!

Kryton57

I’ve never had any issues with Tredz, always in stock and always arrived promptly.

gnusmas

Same here, always had what I have ordered and usually arrive pretty quickly too.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Cancelled my last two orders with them for that same reason, the last being 2 months ago.

kerley
    Free Member

Made 2 orders in last 12 months and neither were actually in stock so cancelled and purchased elsewhere.

They seem to struggle with listing products they don’t actually have to sell (presumably this is deliberate and they only order from their supplier when they get an order?) which is why I won’t be using them as means I have to buy things two times if trying them first.

iolo
    Free Member

Here’s a novel idea. Pick up the phone (tomorrow as its a Sunday today), speak to someone there and ask if they have stock. If they do have stock- order, if they don’t – don’t order.

MoreCashThanDash

iolo has it, but my experiences with Tredz have all been positive.

Ditto Dave Hinde and Mark Anthony. I obviously only buy the shit no one else wants?

dufusdip
    Free Member

Here’s a novel idea iolo, get yourself a job that’s a bit busier and phoning in work hours is not possible.

Not unreasonable to expect that computerized stock levels might actually feed back into the online shop in a modern world only to find three days later there is no stock. It’s too frequent to be a coincidence and totally amateurish.

andyrm
    Free Member

Maybe Tredz (like lots of others) take an XML feed from suppliers’ stock lists and drop ship direct to consumer for certain distributors’ lines?

It’s something plenty do in order to try and compete online even if they don’t have the space/cashflow/business model to hold loads of stock, but it does pit a retailer at the mercy of a third party’s data.

Doubt it’s anything malicious, but if you ever have a doubt, it’s always worth a call to check.

In time I reckon the split online/physical retail thing will sort itself out, but I reckon EPOS integration is needed before that happens.

rascal
    Free Member

2 orders recently – no problems.

scotroutes

It’s a Google Shopping thing. Google will only list your product if your feed says it’s in stock. Therefore, the retailers lie.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Ordered some bib shorts ,which were cheaper than anywhere else and others didn’t have stock. Got the fiver off for registering as well. Ordered them and then they emailed me 24hrs later saying out of stock. Should be available in a couple of days. Sent me the new version of the bibs at the old price and kept me up to date on delivery. Cant complain really.

pacerc100
    Free Member

I used them a couple of months back for a heavily discounted 2015 fat bike and service was spot on.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tredz – Any Good Yet?’ is closed to new replies.