Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Treatment for bad bruising
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Any suggestions? Apart from the obvious rest etc.

I was hit by a car on Monday and I thought I’d gotten away relatively unscathed, but I went riding on Thursday eve and since then my forearm has swollen up, and the whole of one side has become badly bruised. Now I get a pain through my forearm whenever I lift anything or use it for anything that requires a bit of force.

There was some pain in my arm immediately after the accident, but I thought it had gone away.

Unfortunately I may be at risk of missing out on riding in this gorgeous weather.

kimbers

ice it, compression bandage, maybe one of those wine bottle ice pack things would work
    fwiw i broke my heal last week im missing the next 12 weeks of riding in gorgeous weather so could be worse

beinbhan

as kimbers said ice and commpression it may be worth getting an xray could be a fracture

Reluctant
    Free Member

RICE really does work. I’ve always found arnica helpful too, though lots of people laugh at homeopathy -but i can’t help being an old hippy. 😆
    It’s possible you have a haematoma there too if you have lots of swelling. Worth checking with your GP or A&E to confirm. Can take a time to heal, restricts movement quite a lot and hurts! Good luck, fella, hope you’re out riding again soon.

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers for the input folks: That’s pretty much what I thought.

Looks like no riding for me this sunny weekend 😥

Klunk
    Free Member

Arnica, works wonders

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Physio to get some ultrasound on it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Treatment for bad bruising’ is closed to new replies.