Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Travle Insurance – Les Get
  • FZ591
    Free Member

Were off to Les Get in 5 weeks and my usualk travle insurance does not cover Mountain Biking. Can anybody recommend a decent company?

FZ591
    Free Member

One day I will read something before I post it !!!!!!!!!!!! – Somebody keeps moving the keys around

Driller
    Free Member

http://www.snowcard.co.uk

Used them lots, small company, personal service, like you actually get to speak to a person, not even a call centre. Recommended.

foxyrider
    Free Member

http://www.dogtag.co.uk

Payed out £16,000 when I ruptured my spleen in Canada skiing – they do cover DH sports etc and have 10days or 21 days snow cover 🙂

FZ591
    Free Member

£ 92 for a family of 4 sounds reasonable to me – thanks for that. just now need to take the brave pills

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I get insurance through my LloydsTSB account, I call them and get cover for the period I'm out there. Also make sure you have your European Health Insurance Card (E11)

stevomcd
    Free Member

Payed out £16,000 when I ruptured my spleen in Canada skiing – they do cover DH sports etc and have 10days or 21 days snow cover

If you're using Dogtag for skiing, read their off-piste small-print very, very carefully.

If you don't ski off-piste, carry on!

andytherocketeer

mine is flexicover.co.uk (covers skiing and MTB, but does not cover races unless it's part of a general tuition course)

Only reason I have that rather than snowcard, dogtag, etc. is that you can specify country of residence, rather than needing to be UK res. (which I'm not)

bintangman
    Free Member

just had an interesting call with Dog Tag to check on definition of "down hill". I'll be in a full face, on a 5 inch bike taking the cable car up from Morzine. They said, if you're going down the mountain, it is classified as downhill!!!?

nickf
    Free Member

Other insurers take the view that unless you're taking part in a race, and are on terrain that's accessible to all (i.e not a specific race track), then that's not classed as DH as such. I was very clear to decribe to them the Passportes du Soleil routs to them, but they were fine.

I used Snowcard, btw.

bintangman
    Free Member

As soon as I said 'morzine' to the lady at snowcard she said it was level 4 – because you're using a lift to get to the runs and they are graded runs. The policy also says "Ski resort runs or similar" are in that Cat 4. I said I didn't see my riding is "downhill riding" but she said it wasn't really that kind of distinction. So have gone for the level 4, which at £56 pp wasn't so bad really and at least gives me peace of mind – better safe than sorry and don't have to argue, while wearning a full face helmet in the back of an ambulance that I wasn't DH riding!

ddmonkey

+1 for Dogtag

foxyrider
    Free Member

A few years ago Dogtag said Morzine trip (mixture of DH and XC) was just classed at "mountaibiking" 🙂

MarkN
    Free Member

bintangman – Member

just had an interesting call with Dog Tag to check on definition of "down hill". I'll be in a full face, on a 5 inch bike taking the cable car up from Morzine. They said, if you're going down the mountain, it is classified as downhill!!!?

I had much the same chat with Snowcard the other week. My advise is to check it and not make any assumptions, better safe than sorry.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Travle Insurance – Les Get’ is closed to new replies.