Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Travelling from Edinburgh to Glasgow for a gig, options?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Going to the O2 Academy in a few weeks for a gig. Should I just drive there and back or leave my motor in Edinburgh and get train or bus. Tempted just to drive as I’ll have to drive home to the sticks from Edinburgh anyways but is parking near the O2 a hassle?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Parking shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Northwind

Parking at the Academy’s dead easy- there’s a pay car park right beside it at the subway station but I’ve never had any problems just parking in the street- usually in Portland St though it does feel a bit like you’ll come back and find a burnt out shell, there…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If the van was empty that wouldn’t be a problem Northwind.

Northwind

That’s the advantage of my car, it looks like it’s already been stolen and used for a ram-raid. There’s usually loads of students in mummy’s car to distract the discerning thief.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Maybe I should take the car rather than the van. One look at the detritus left by two small kids will put off potential tea leaves. That and the crappy paintwork.

stanfree
    Free Member

Steven last train from Central is 23.05 and from Queen st is 23.30 . Queen st is by far the quicker service as the Central train stops everywhere. o2 Academy is an easy walk to either station and parking is free after 6 on Market Street if you want to leave your car there. Who knows you might have a Winton Massif legend driving yer train. 😆

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I didn’t know Yodagoat could pilot trains and sh1t bikes. Would that mean I could get a shot a driving yer engine mister?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Travelling from Edinburgh to Glasgow for a gig, options?’ is closed to new replies.