Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • traveling from Rothbury Northumberland to Sheffield.(A1/M1) Any traffic advice?
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Need to get to Sheffield what will the conditions be like on the way if I travel about 12. Been stuck in Coquetdale for 4 days now.

Drac

When you say stuck do you mean haven't tried too hard? 😆

You've turned soft it seems since moving south. North.

uplink
    Free Member

I probably wouldn't volunteer to do that trip at night at the moment but I can't see why a daytime trip would cause concern
    I've travelled up & down that part of the A1 many times in the last few days without any problems

GEDA
    Free Member

We tried to get out from Rothbury, met another car going up the hill past Cragside so had to stop then could not get up the hill again. Decided to go home. Two foot of standing powdery snow in the fields so if it starts to drift there will be some crazy snow drifts.

GrahamS

Likewise I'm doing A1 Edinburgh to Noocassle tonight. Anyone driven it recently? Looks passable on webcams and traffic reports.

Drac

Did you try the bottom road? Traffic is moving in out of Rothbury pretty good that was, over the moors is always piss poor in this weather.

Graham A1 was a bit shitty yesterday and around Berwick is supposed to the worst but all passable.

GEDA
    Free Member

That was on the bottom road. My borther has some sheep at cragend and has to go everyday and said that the road was not too good.

john_drummer
    Free Member

A1 from newcastle to Bramham has 30mph limit all the way due to snow, ice & freezing fog, according to bbc traffic bulletins this morning. A few accidents too. Try the A19 instead

Drac

😯

Errrr! Well must have been worse for you. 😉

I'm now starting to bet your family knows my mother's side of the family.

GrahamS

Graham A1 was a bit shitty yesterday and around Berwick is supposed to the worst but all passable.

Cool, ta Drac. I usually take the A68 but I don't fancy Carter Bar etc in this weather.

carbon337
    Free Member

Wasnt the a697 closed at longfram on Tuesday – only passable by 4×4 according to bbc newcastle.

Should be ok today though – maybe slippy this morning but once on A1 past newcastle it should be ok at 12.

GEDA
    Free Member

Everybody knows everybody here.

Drac

What time was that as never hears or seen anything when we we're out on the roads.

Lemmington bank was interesting on Monday and Corby crags looked rather fun too.

Drac

Everybody knows everybody here.

Tis true.

GEDA
    Free Member

Whats your mums family name, brother Will is here now and I can ask him.

carbon337
    Free Member

Probably early like 7 ish. BBC Newc has been quite good I have found, keeping everyone up to date.

Drac

Henderson Geda, ask if he knows Shakey?

They are not bad but often they're behind a bit, that early in the morning it would be rough as traffic is just moving. The stretch between Fram and Moor house is always one of the worst.

GEDA
    Free Member

Alan brother says and he works on the roads.

Drac

Yup he does, he did farm but packed it in. He's my Uncle my other Uncle farms Lorbottle.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘traveling from Rothbury Northumberland to Sheffield.(A1/M1) Any traffic advice?’ is closed to new replies.