Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Travel lodge Macclesfield Stampeding kids
  • DarrenH

Evening everyone,
    I’m currently sat in a darkened room in ^ said travel lodge.
    Managed to get our two year old twin boys settled to sleep at last, however 3 rooms down the corridor
    Two families have arrived in opposite rooms, propped doors open and are letting their kids run up and down the corridor and between rooms.
    Sounds like a herd of elephants running up and down which has woken the twins up a good few times.
    Future misses H says leave it, I’m slowly starting to seeth and want to speak to parents/kids involved.
    Give it another half hour? Leave it or get out there now?
    I personally reckon its too late to have kids running around, but anyway
    Opinions please people
    Cheers ta

meehaja
    Free Member

You’re in a hotel, call reception and complain!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’re in a hotel travel lodge, call reception and complain! Don’t be surprised when the surly lump at reception replies “Meh. Whaddevvah”, though.

^^This^^

😉

project
    Free Member

Complain to the staff who are probably on the minimum wage, and see what happens, probably nothing.

samuri
    Free Member

Kidnap one of the children. Wait for the police to arrive, release child. Everyone will be so traumatised you’ll get a good nights sleep.

Plus they’ll think twice about letting their kids run free like feral cats in future.

Jamie
    Free Member

Everyone will be so traumatised you’ll get a good nights sleep in the cells.

FTFY.

druidh
    Free Member

Have you tried talking to the parents of the children? Or is it easier to whinge on here than open your door and walk a few feet along the corridor?

Stoner
    Free Member

mantraps. perfect occasion for a mantrap.

donsimon
    Free Member

Go and talk to the parents. Don’t forget to get the first punch in when they’re least expecting it. It’s the only language they understand, you’ll find that after the father’s been chinned that he will respect you.

Kuco

Stick a helmet cam on go to the parents and whinge, then post up the video of you getting a good bitch slap 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drink. Water, obviously, and a lot of it.

Store it up.

Then, wee in their shoes.

druidh
    Free Member

Make sure you are wearing a headcam when it kicks off. Then you can post the footage on the internet and we can decide which is the bigger prat.

Edit: Kuco wins!

molgrips
    Free Member

You don’t have to bollock them, just say ‘sorry guys, this is rather noisy in our room and we have our own kids who are difficult to get to sleep’. The reasonable approach usually works unless the noisy party is exceptionally drunk. Reassure your Mrs that you are not going to kick off, and you’ll feel all nice and smug if it works.

It often doesn’t occur to people that they are bothering other people.

DarrenH

Not whinging, just asking for opinions…
    Don’t want an upset missus and awake twins again.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Reception first! Then chit chat time! I had a little chit chat with some selfish twunt yesterday regarding another incident? Why are people so selfish these days, could it be my ever growing approach towards 40?

Jamie
    Free Member

Give it till 10pm, then batter the lot of them.

druidh
    Free Member

If your kids are asleep, tear up some tissues and stuff it in their ears.

project
    Free Member

Little red box with a glass front, smash it and blame their kids.

DarrenH

All quiet now, thanks for the responses people.
    Kept me chucklIng 🙂

tomhoward

What did you do??!?

druidh
    Free Member

I think it involved a chainsaw.

joat

Seems there’s no need for a set of bombers now then.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Ask to move rooms, & complain and you want a refund if you have already paid.

TomB

Premier Inn, (I think) have a guaranteed “good nights sleep” with money back if disturbed- do travelodge do something similar? Maybe a financial gain for your reluctance to confront the oiks.

DarrenH

Sent the other half out, she’s way more scary! 😀

project
    Free Member

the web site says noise from passing trains between 6.00am and midnight as well.

DarrenH

TomB- I doubt it, we managed to get our two rooms on a special offer anyway.
    Never mind…

S_J
    Free Member

Is the dad wearing a cycling top that makes him look like an eff off bumblebee?? If so avoid.

gwaelod
    Free Member

wake your kids up at 4am and leave them to howl in the corridor outside the other lots rooms

obviously

DarrenH

Now that is a good answer!

antigee

don’t worry someone will be up at 4am and will slam room door and then firedoor

voodoo_chile

Carry cordless drill and 3 foot of 3X2 in your car along with selection of wood screws and screw the door shut …they will love it

takisawa2

If their rooms are opposite a bunjee cord from door to door, with enough slack to allow one door to open 6″ or so. Knock on both doors & chuckle as they keep slamming each others doors. It could go on for hours if they are thick enough.

We once bought one of those mega bouncy rubber balls in Spain once. If thrown at the right angle it could knock on at least 6 doors down the corridor of the chav hotel we were stuck in. The fun we had listening to them snarling at each other.

Sandwich

Curare tipped darts and a blow pipe. Peace and quiet for all.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

This is to be expected in Macclesfield, were the kids singing about beer and sex and chips and gravy ?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Travel lodge Macclesfield Stampeding kids’ is closed to new replies.