Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Travel insurance that covers the bikes?…..
  • nickegg
    Free Member

Evening all,

Two weeks to go until our first bike holiday and need to book insurance.

Can you recommend insurance that will cover the bikes themselves or could/should i see if my M&S contents insurance will cover them for a cost? They're only covered at home at present.

Just want to make sure everythings covered, just in case.

Many thanks,

Nick.

uplink
    Free Member

most travel policies have a single item limit – I've not seen much over £300

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Snowcard – Activity holiday insurance. They´ve always been good when it comes to paying out for our clients

uplink
    Free Member

They don't cover the bikes though Alan – a single item limit applies [£350]

igm

M&S away from home option will cover them I think – I'm just in the process of buying M&S insurance myself.

MS
    Free Member

Go travel Insurance. Phone them up and say your biking. I was about £18 for a week.

Offroading
    Free Member

I could do with this too… Off to Germany Sunday night for two weeks bit of a last minute thing but taking the bike with me.

Is the Go Travel insurance up to a certain amount ? Bike is into the thousands.

MS
    Free Member

Think you can specify what your bike is worth and it would add a few bucks on to it.

Just phone them up, they were really helpful

amatuer

Speaking of insurance . . . . Our house hold insurance only covers items in the garage up to a max value of £2k. What with bikes and other sports gear in there, can anyone recommend a company that does insurance for sports equipment while at home and during transport.

Baldysquirt

Snowcard only cover bikes up to £500. My More Than home policy covers mine abroad for up to 60 days a year with the usual caveats of being securely locked etc.

nickegg
    Free Member

Just contacted Go and they say they can't offer cover on £5.5k of bikes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Travel insurance that covers the bikes?…..’ is closed to new replies.