Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Travel Insurance that covers MTB racing (dogtag?)
  • Akegata
    Free Member

Having convinced the family that our family holiday this year is in Austria an as it just so happens that the salzkammergut mountain trophy race is on the same week (coincidence that 🙂 ) has any one got any recommendations for travel cover that would cover racing.

So far i have found dogtag insurance but they seem to get mixed reviews.

proutster
    Free Member

As endorsed by Steve Peat:

Clicky

I have no experience of this, just remember him mentioning a few times on Twitter.

lapierrelady

We used Dogtag for the megavalanche last year. Had to be the highest level for downhill and always ring to double check you’re covered. There was a £300 excess for injuries, so Mrlapierrelady had to pay for his own stitches, but the comfort of knowing the helicopter is paid for is the main thing.

markv
    Free Member

AVOID DOGTAG
    It all looks great on the website but they just insist on pubic hospitals even if it’s a lot further that any other.

Dog tag avoid paying hospital bill. They moved my brother from the nearest private hospital in Spain to a public one (30k away) when he shouldn’t have even been moved, he then had to fly back to the UK to have surgery because the Spanish public hospital couldn’t operate for at least a week. DogTag stated that the public hospital would provide a better service and didn’t even inquire about the level of injury. Surgeons in the UK said he shouldn’t have been move at all. Once in the UK hospital he had to wait another week for all the swelling to subside which was made worse by the delay and moving around from hospital to hospital and waiting in the villa and then flying home.
    All Dog Tag are concerned about is making sure you use your EHIC card instead of them paying out. They force you to move to a public hospital without any knowledge of your injury.
    Avoid DogTag at all costs, may as well use a standard insurance as that’s all the cover they will give you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Travel Insurance that covers MTB racing (dogtag?)’ is closed to new replies.