Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • travel insurance for foreign cycle touring ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Its been a while but i recall last time i went touring i had trouble getting travel insurance that would cover road cycle touring + the bikes in transit + medical Etc and ended up paying quite a bit for it IIRC

Anyone got any recomendations for this time round ? 4 weeks on canadian soil.

Will need to check my home/contents for the bike cover – its with pedal cover but for the life of me i cannot remember if it covers air plane travel – and im no where near my specific policy docs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Anybody ?

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ve used Snowcard, they paid up when I dislocated my finger in Utah and needed an op to reseat it. Iirc they had options as to the extent of what your activity was to cover (I.e. XC or downhill, single or multi pitch, etc)

Not been abroad for a while so haven’t had recourse to insure so don’t know what they are like these days but I’d use them again.

kilo

Going to Canada to bike in a month or so using dog tag, mainly for the medical coverage though

trail_rat
    Free Member

I think it was dog tag I used in the past.

Not too bothered about bikes and equipment on the road just goddam airport handlers esp as I’ll be cardboard boxing it due to flying into Vancouver and out of Calgary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘travel insurance for foreign cycle touring ?’ is closed to new replies.