Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Travel insurance claim/payout with a deduction for wear and tear….
  • strike
    Free Member

As above, had a shock damaged during a recent flight (completely kaput!), so made a claim. The insurance company has come back with an offer based on the original price I paid minus 30% for wear and tear. I had this shocked serviced annually, so my first thoughts are to reject the offer/argue for a reduction from 30%.

What are people’s thought’s/previous experience with such things? I’m not really sure how to proceed.

Btw I’ve checked the small print and it’s meant to be new for old.

Conan257
    Free Member

If small print says new for old, then I’d reject based on that.

Get them to source you a new shock in the size you need, brand new, for the price they’ve quoted.

Junkyard
    Free Member

check T & C basically

michaelbowden

Travel Insurance is not normally new for old, so sounds about right. But if you policy states new for old then reject and quote your policy T’s & C’s

Rich_s

Can you link to the T&C’s?

Also, get 2nd hand prices for the part from the bay or wherever – that would be the price you need to receive if it’s “old for old”

njee20
    Free Member

If small print says new for old, then I’d reject based on that.

This. Don’t get into residual values and the fact you’ve serviced it and that, they won’t care, your leverage is the T&Cs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Travel insurance claim/payout with a deduction for wear and tear….’ is closed to new replies.