Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Trapped / knotted trapeziod, what stretches?
  • Kryton57

Cause by the other shoulder being smashed to pieces and re-assembled, causes pain particularly on the roadie drops after an hour or so. Sports massage isn’t helping much, but the traditional arm-over-the-back-of-the-neck helps, so I’m wondering if there’s another stretch I can do?

Thanks

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The trapezoid is the shoulder/back muscle right? The diamond shaped one that connects your shoulders, back and neck? If so then the arm over the back of the neck stretch is not stretching that muscle. That’s a stretch for the Triceps and Lats.

The usual stretch for the Traps is straight arm stretched across the chest/face with the other arm gently pulling it round.

Also to outstretch both arms in front of you, pull the shoulders in to round your shoulders and push to stretch the traps I also find that nodding your head down so that your chin is in your chest and gently pulling your chin further into your chest with your hands on the back of the head also stretches the top of your traps where they attach to the back of the neck, then do the same but pull slightly to one side to pull one half of the muscle, then the other side.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Trapped / knotted trapeziod, what stretches?’ is closed to new replies.