Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Transponder / CHIP motorbike ignition key – getting a spare or a way around it?
  • Aus
    Free Member

Have an 07 Aprilia that has an immobiliser linked to the key – the key has a chip in it, you don’t have to press a button. I’ve only one key. So …

– Getting another seems v v difficult – any recos of where that’s not horrendously expensive?

– Or, if I get another standard key cut, and then ‘hide’ the original on the bike, will the chip transmit its stuff anyways and then the non-chipped key can turn the ignition?

Thanks

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If it’s anything like my wifes Polo, a bit of careful prying, isopropyl and hot water will let you geet the transponder out of your old key. New car keys often come with a blank transponder that you can code up by putting the new key in the ignition while unlocking the door with the old one. Not sure how that would work on a bike though…

konabunny
    Free Member

Does Aprilia have the red (brown) key and blue key system that Vespas do?

TheFlyingOx

Google for an independent auto-locksmith in your area.

I had a similar issue with an old Lexus. Only one key, and the buttons had died. Took it to the locksmith who plugged it into his box of tricks and copied the transponder code. He charged me £10 for a newly-flashed transponder plus the price of a new key and that was that.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Speak to these guys, they are track focussed but can do wonders for people in trouble, like removing transponder completely

Track Electronics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Transponder / CHIP motorbike ignition key – getting a spare or a way around it?’ is closed to new replies.