Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Transition mech hangers?
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Anyone know of a half decent copy?

£25 for an official one stings quite a bit.

Can’t seem to find anyone who makes an alternative to the current design.

coatesy
    Free Member

Try Wheels Manufacturing, they’re listing 14 different Transition hangers, and suggest calling if yours isn’t listed as they have a database of over 7000 bikes. Their hangers are pretty good too, not bending if somebody happens to fart in it’s general direction, but can sill be straightened without breaking if bent.

Hadge
    Free Member

Hob Nob could you give us a call at BETD or email us a picture of your hanger. We have been looking into making some of these so we might be able to help. You can email me paul@betd.co.uk or info@betd.co.uk
    Cheers.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Paul,

Willdo!

Cheers

CheesybeanZ

When I what’d one for my Bandit b29 the local dealer said if I managed to snap the hanger id need a new stay and not to waste my money ..

puddings
    Free Member

Cheesy, it was my belief that the replaceable hanger was designed as a sacrificial part as materials other than steel started being used in frame manufacture so that you didnt have to replace the stay (old steel frames we just used to bash back into shape). Integrated mech hangers, especially on carbon bikes, are a different matter

crotchrocket
    Free Member

some of transitions hangers do not brake away very easily. they are pretty heavy duty – i.e. not sacrificial. The covert and transAm also have super strong hangers. On my covert I broke a mech and the hanger never even bent

Trimix
    Free Member

I think I’ve still got a spare one you can have for a few quid.

Email me if you like.

br
    Free Member

Whatever you do, buy two.

pigyn
    Free Member

On the trail bikes at least – Pre 2012 they were a fairly standard hanger used on loads of bikes, after this with 2 bolts were very sturdy and we only ever saw two or three break. I think north shore billet make them, but not sure if they are cheaper. 2015 to current giddy up bikes use a new one (transam as well) perhaps a little weaker as I broke one, perhaps it was a fluke. Not aware of anyone making them yet, but as they have already chimed in BETD are always looking for new hangers to machine.

Hadge
    Free Member

Hob Nob I’ve tried emailing you back but they keep getting bounced back. Can you please try again matey. Cheers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Transition mech hangers?’ is closed to new replies.