Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • transition bandit 2nd ride
  • burt
    Free Member

2nd ride impresions
    it wont make me a riding god but i have been smiling a lot. my skill level appears to lower than what the bikes capable of. it rides a lot lighter than i imagined. i think i,m gonna enjoy this 😀

IMG_1017 by keith280764, on Flickr]null

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Gay name though isn’t it?

burt
    Free Member

yes

honourablegeorge

Eh? I can’t think of anything more masculine. 🙂

rexated
    Free Member

looks fun (the bike, not mr reynolds)

derekrides
    Free Member

Oh dear I know some folk who are not going to be happy to see those pedals on that bike, there will be much homophobic ranting down near Sandy Lanes. 😆

Do you wear lycra whist riding it as well Burt?

Can’t really see what it does my Covert won’t do, but there’s lots of stuff I’d do on the Covert I wouldn’t try on that..

burt
    Free Member

No

derekrides
    Free Member

I was out on friday ran into a guy from that Imbike internet mag and his girlfriend, they are testing one at the moment, reckon it rides really well, I’m a bit miffed I only just got the Covert as it came out and they reckon i should have had that instead – hence the envy based catty remark…

I had more lights though…

willv

What size is that mate?

Been looking at them and think i may need an xl s the TT comes up a bit short

will

burt
    Free Member

It’s a medium. I’m 5’7″ 70mm stem

derekrides
    Free Member

No Kashima shock? I thought there was an upgrade deal?

kayak23

Love the look of them but couldn’t really justify it work a6 inch bike already….

burt
    Free Member

that was through flying fox i believe, mines getting done at the first service. i think the covert is for a more aggresive type of riding than i’m up for, i had a quick try of one whilst i test rode the bandit. i felt more comfortable on the bandit it just felt right. horses for courses i suppose.

derekrides
    Free Member

Well that guy was a journo and tried the 29er, really rated it, we all took the piss and fell about, but he was deadly serious, reckons you sit more ‘in’ it than on it, it goes round Berms and stuff (not that we have that many of them round here)better, so that might tempt me, I’m such a tart for a new bike..
    I am jealous, it is a stunning looking bike, they just look ‘right’ you know, anyway hope you enjoy it, I shan’t be doing anything this side of winter, i know two other mates who are building them at the moment, but they ride down the New Forest or Surrey Hills way, both really rating them (they haven’t even ridden one yet) so I’m all ears.

burt
    Free Member

i’m kind of local to them, i was at QE park today, got a shed load of work on for next two weekends so next ride will probably be at swinley, lots of berms there. i’m not one for hype and took a long time over choosing this frame, but you do sit “in” it and it does seem to love the berms. the place i bought it from has his own off road test track in 700 acre’s of woods, perfect to get a good feel of a bike before you buy.

derekrides
    Free Member

No I think he meant the 29er, he had a regular size on Friday, where’s that place with its own test track, did you get to ride one first then?

burt
    Free Member
    derekrides
    Free Member

Hey that’s a find, think I’ll give them a visit.. Thanks burt.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I love mine too. Definitely the best bike I’ve ever owned (or ridden). Rode it on a trans-Alp a few weeks ago. Didn’t miss a beat.

tamedearth
    Free Member

ashfanman – ooh that’s pretty…
    derekrides – any time 🙂
    burt – hope you are enjoying it come for a ride any time.

ant

winterfold
    Free Member

Ooh thats the colour mine is, it looks much better than the pix on the website. And my hunch all black on the components and finishing kit looks correct. I really must stop working and get it sent and built.

burt – what fork you using?

tamedearth – you’re round Fernhurst way arent you? It’s not clear to me what your proposition is, but it seems interesting. Can you explain?

‘derekrides’ that’s where my bro lives – drop us a line if you’re heading over.

ashfanman
    Free Member

ashfanman – ooh that’s pretty…

Why thank you. It was taken about two-thirds of the way up the Stralettapass, Switzerland. Was an amazing trip. Over far too quickly. 🙁

Ooh thats the colour mine is, it looks much better than the pix on the website. And my hunch all black on the components and finishing kit looks correct.

I’ve got a Henry Ford approach to bikes and components. The less colour, decals and overall bling, the better. And it looks to me like Burt is running a RS Rev. RLT maybe?

Here’s another pic taken just after it was built.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Deer grazing in the background? you’ve set a new standard for back garden new bike photos

burt
    Free Member

burt – what fork you using?
    i’m using REV 130MM, The crown to axel length is only 4mm less than a 140mm fox so the angles stay the same as it was designed for, cant afford a new fork yet.
    due to go to swinly this weekend finally, really looking forward to it.

ant- i am really loving it, the bike is far more capable than i am so it can only get better!! will catch up soon .

ashfanman
    Free Member

i’m using REV 130MM, The crown to axel length is only 4mm less than a 140mm fox so the angles stay the same as it was designed for, cant afford a new fork yet.

I’m using a 150mm Rev dual position air. In the full travel setting it’s a bit slacker – just over 67 degrees – but Transition say this is fine (I think Kyle was running his with a Lyrik lowered to 150mm) and feels great to me. I can then drop the forks to 120mm for really steep climbs.

Deer grazing in the background? you’ve set a new standard for back garden new bike photos

It’s the lens on my camera – they’re actually squirrels.

winterfold
    Free Member

Ta

Initially I will be using my nominally 120mm* Rebas on it – I emailed Transition and the reply was ‘Yah dude that fork will be fine – slack head angles are overrated anyways – enjoy’

There may have been a ‘for your lame fat middleaged Surrey hills ass’ implicit in that reply 🙂 but I found it refreshing. Especially as everyone else had said ‘ you need a £££ revelation/talas ‘.

*(although I’ve measured travel on them and I am confident I get 130mm)

ashfanman
    Free Member

There may have been a ‘for your lame fat middleaged Surrey hills ass’ implicit in that reply but I found it refreshing. Especially as everyone else had said ‘ you need a £££ revelation/talas ‘.

Nah. A lot of bike companies seem pretty strict in what gear they’ll let you run on their frames – particularly with regards to forks (though I’m sure in some instances this is with good reason). Transition just seem pretty relaxed about things like that. They even let you strip your frame without it effecting the warranty, IIRC. Great bikes and great guys to deal with.

tamedearth
    Free Member

tamedearth – you’re round Fernhurst way arent you? It’s not clear to me what your proposition is, but it seems interesting. Can you explain?

yes we demo in Fernhurst and around that area. no great complicated plan… not wanting to open a retail shop (as I am operating solo and have another business) but having successfully sold bikes for a few years I offer frames, bikes and custom builds (although I can get all the usual components too) with all the great support associated. I have permission to ride on some great private land and have built a mini-track for testing things out as well as riding locally (inc hindhead for bigger bikes). all very relaxed, meet some great people and get to ride loads.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘transition bandit 2nd ride’ is closed to new replies.