Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Transit connect as a bike waggon
  • trusty

Anyone got a new shape one they use to ferry bikes around? I’m looking for something a bit more bike friendly than an estate car, but don’t want anything as big as a transit / T5 / Vivaro etc

downhilldave

Do you mean the Tourneo Connect? Like this ➡

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Yes the wife has one . It’s great to be able to just bung bikes and kit in there , and you could probably get 4 bikes and kit in there . It’s handy if you go on a trip somewhere and stay at a place with no bike storage to be able to leave the bikes in the back of the van overnight . It drives like a car , except that you can’t see out of the back . The downsides for me are that you can’t stand up straight in the back which makes using it as a changing room more difficult and it only seats 2 people or 3 if you are doing a very short drive as it has 2 and a half seats .

nickdavies

No but I’m very close to buying one, it’s either t5 and car or a tourneo connect (the car version) it’s a brilliant little motor, loads of room, plenty of creature comforts in the car version. Go for the lwb version, with decent spec and it would be a cracking bike hauler.

Wally

I looked at one this weekend, LWB with -£200 option of doing without extra third row sounds ideal, except for Diesel engine.

Tracey

We have a Tourneo Connect Titanium 1.6 petrol Eco boost with the six speed auto box. It’s a great bike vehicle. Loads of room inside. Abigale prefers it to the Fiat 500 it replaced.
    Probably not as economical as the diesel ones.

tthew

You can get them with a 1.0 or 1.6 ecoboost petrol I think. I quite fancy a LWB van one.

downhilldave

Love mine, 1.6 120 hp diesel. From full the tank shows 890Km range(It’s Km per litre here) So economical, fits three complete bikes with the wheels on and three peeps easily. Cavernous boot, rear seats fold nearly flat or you can remove em, loads of toys on the titanium spec and very cheap here in Spain thanks.

trusty

I’d been looking at the transit (van) version instead of the tourneo, as I’d be concerned about trashing the interior. Ramsey, is the one your wife uses short or long wheelbase?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I assume it’s short . Don’t really know much about cars or vans . It certainly is a lot shorter than the Tourneo in that picture .

trusty

Do the bikes go in whole?

Wally

Long wheel base have a longer rear door and second glass. I think.

Tracey

Ours is the normal not the Grand. 29er Enduro will fit in upright but we have to compress the forks about an inch to clear the rear roof shelf. I’m told that this is only standard on certain models. The shelf is handy for extra storage. All our other bikes will fit with no compression of the forks.
    Obviously not all at the same time

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Yes bikes go in without having to take front wheel out . I think you have to turn the front wheel to get them in .

trusty

Cheers all 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Transit connect as a bike waggon’ is closed to new replies.