Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Transferring pension plan – any IFA'S on here today?
  • Olster
    Free Member

Have an old company PPP that is not utilised – can't see the point in keeping it (its an Equitable Life plan) no cash-in value but has a no- penalty transfer value of around 7k.
    Anything I should know before I transfer? Tax implications? Thanks, Dave

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

yeah, be careful where you invest it when you do transfer, some investments took a real header in the last year. Go for something stable for the moment until the market picks up

A lot of pension companies will do a free transfer just for you taking business with them, it's the IFA that will look for commission, and regardless what the pension company tells you, it'll be you who pays the commission to the IFA. Just make sure that he's doing enough work for you to warrant the percentage he's taking, many of them will ask for 10% then do hee-haw and the pension company will do the lions share of the work. Some IFA's will take a flat fee which may be better for you because in their eyes 7k is a very small amount

hope that helps

Olster
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips – should be OK as I have another PPP, the one I'm closing is an ex-company one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Transferring pension plan – any IFA'S on here today?’ is closed to new replies.