Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Transferring a mobile phone number to someone else?
  • scotroutes

I currently have three Vodafone numbers on my account – mine, my wifes and my daughters. Seeing as how she’s now old enough to be paying her way, and as the existing contract is about to end, is it possible for my daughter to arrange her own account (whether with Vodafone or someone else) and keep her existing number? I’m not sure if just having the PAC will be enough.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

I had a similar situation with my Number on O2, the account was in my wife’s name and I wanted it transferring to mine at the end of the contract. I had to transfer the number to a PAYG sim first and from that to a new account. Other operators may have different rules.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

My number was on my wife’s account but I got fed up of Vodafone and moved with my number to Virgin when my two year contract was complete. Pretty painless except they still charged my wife for my contract after I’d left which took a bit of hassle to get a refund sorted out. I’m pretty sure she’ll be leaving Vodafone when her contract expires.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

I think I had to mess around, going via PAYG, as I wanted to stay with O2.

Cougar

I’d have thought all you needed was the PAC. In essence, that’s exactly what it’s for. “Here’s my number, here’s my PAC, geif contract kkthxbi,” as the teenagers might say.

Sandwich

Vodafone have a form to complete to transfer the account over to another person. You can download it from their support site.
    (The mobile phone account at work is with them but ‘owned’ by my dead predecessor, which is a whole other world of fun).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Transferring a mobile phone number to someone else?’ is closed to new replies.